Talk

Advanced search

That Mitchell and Webb Look - anyone just seen this?

(8 Posts)
Tambajam Thu 18-Jun-09 22:06:31

I was REALLY looking forward to it. It was instead quite rubbish. Most sketches were about 30% too long and I repeatedly found myself contemplating dishwasher, bird table out the window, channel change.

Convince me it's worth trying again.

sazzerbear Thu 18-Jun-09 22:10:04

I saw last week's and thought exactly the same, looks like it hasn't improved. How disappointing sad

Tambajam Sat 27-Jun-09 06:38:18

I gave it another go and laughed a lot. Darcy sketch was pretty fabulous as was best man speech but 'guess the weight of the fruit cake' was the best. Still moments of crapness though - Chicken Caesar bloke for example.

Frasersmum123 Sat 27-Jun-09 20:07:51

I thought it was really funny - loved the sketch at the beginning about the vegetarians

browntrout Sat 27-Jun-09 20:29:47

Am watching it on iPlayer at the mo. Loved the guess the weight of the fruitcake sketch. Just the kind of pointless silliness I like very much.

wastingmyeducation Sat 27-Jun-09 20:39:27

No I didn't enjoy the homeless men segments, but the rest was funny.

TheDevilWearsSocksWithSandals Sat 27-Jun-09 20:44:34

It's shite, just goes to show how much influence Jesse Armstrong had in peep show

EightiesChick Sun 28-Jun-09 23:51:24

I record it so I can fast forward through the Chicken Caesar sketches. They've never been funny and this week's quite unpleasant. The Darcy and fruitcake ones by far the best this week, but I thought otherwise it was poor. However, the previous two have been a lot better - I love the post-apocalyptic game show. I would always say record it and skip the less good bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now