Talk

Advanced search

I just don't get Flight of the Conchords - is there something wrong with me?

(13 Posts)
bran Tue 16-Jun-09 22:48:16

Am I having a mid-life crisis or turning into my mother or something? I've watched it a few times and it never raises more than a slight smile, mostly I find it slightly irritating. Everyone keeps going on about how great it is, I haven't met anyone who's seen it and doesn't like it. I'm worried I've misplaced my sense of humour somewhere.

WolframAlpha Tue 16-Jun-09 22:58:21

I would like a bret and jermaine sandwich.

bran Tue 16-Jun-09 23:11:01

And that's another thing, I don't find either of them remotely fanciable, and I have some truly weird fancies.

I was rather hoping that someone would come and tell me not to worry, that it isn't as funny as people are pretending. I guess it's just me then. blush

moondog Tue 16-Jun-09 23:12:19

I watched it on a plane recently, convinced it would be hilarious.
Uh uh.
It's shite.
And they are creepy.

bran Tue 16-Jun-09 23:13:53

Moondog! Always the voice of reason. grin

moondog Tue 16-Jun-09 23:16:25

I did like Lead Balloon and 'Everyone Hates Chris'.

moondog Tue 16-Jun-09 23:19:31

And I saw this bloke Dana carvey who was knicker wettingly funny.

bran Wed 17-Jun-09 11:56:41

He's funny. grin Hurrah! I do still have a sense of humour. Was he the blonde guy in Wayne's World?

There are sitcoms that I do find very funny, but some are hugely popular and I can't see why. I didn't like The Office much except for the bits that Mackenzie Crook was in.

HensMum Wed 17-Jun-09 12:04:38

Which series are you watching? Not that I've seen the 2nd series yet but it's not supposed to be as good as the first, which I found hilarious.
Took me a while to get into it, to be fair, but loved it by the David Bowie episode. grin

bran Wed 17-Jun-09 12:06:56

I think I've seen about 3 episodes of the first series, I've also listened to a couple of episodes of their radio series, which I also found tedious rather than funny.

PuppyMonkey Wed 17-Jun-09 12:09:47

I've only ever seen them on one of those Live at The Apollo Tv shows, doing musical songs. And that was bloody funny I have to say.

southeastastra Thu 18-Jun-09 08:16:52

don't really watch it, but laughed my head off at the clip of 'west side story'.

TheFool Thu 18-Jun-09 08:33:36

I was the same as you Bran. I really wanted to like it, I had been hearing "band meeting" on the radio for ages and that was amusing me for some obscure reason - I think it was just Edith Bowman's enthusiasm though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now