Talk

Advanced search

krod mandoon

(20 Posts)
patriciawentworthheroine Fri 12-Jun-09 22:00:04

Did anyone watch this last night?

I started off on May Contain Nuts but after a while I thought the humour was a bit sledgehammer (okay, parents are over-ambitious for their little sprogs: we get it! What was wrong with the local comp anyway?) and I switched over to BBC2.

Krod Mandoon was a weird mythological drama a bit reminiscent of Hercules and Xena Warrior Princess but played for laughs and starring Matt Lucas as the Dr Evil-esque villain.

I thought ML was hamming it up a bit too much but the rest of it was really funny and I was annoyed to have missed the beginning thanks to May Contain Nuts. Anyone else enjoy it or am I alone here?

Stilla Fri 12-Jun-09 23:30:28

Hope to get time over the w/end to watch it

JackBauer Fri 12-Jun-09 23:34:51

I sky+d it and watche half earlier. I am ashamed to say I was sniggering at it rather a lot. Especially as I hated Little Britain and don't want to find him funny.

I also liked Krod's (Aiden in EE?) clothing falling off a lot. Does that make me shallow? grin

inscotland Sat 13-Jun-09 10:50:06

I have recorded it. I didn't like Little Brit either.

PortBlacksandResident Sat 13-Jun-09 11:15:42

Caught up with it last night - very sniggersome i agree. Not many belly laughs but entertaining and quite 'different' for the beeb.

Love the magician.

Stilla Sat 13-Jun-09 18:30:18

finally caught up today -enjoyed and will def watch next weeks .

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sat 13-Jun-09 18:32:19

Message withdrawn

Tortington Sat 13-Jun-09 18:32:56

dh downloaded ne episode - i hated it

Tidey Sat 13-Jun-09 18:36:03

I thought it was mainly cliched, sexist and homophobic, but I'd probably watch it again just cos there's nothing else decent on at that time.

Nice to see new Mitchell and Webb though.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sat 13-Jun-09 18:39:23

Message withdrawn

Tidey Sat 13-Jun-09 18:42:57

It just seemed to rely too heavily upon gay jokes and the girlfriend being a bit ... free with her favours. FWIW, I usually have a very silly sense of humour, but I just didn't find it funny. I think part of the problem was putting the first two episodes together like that, an hour of it just seemed too much in one go.

Tidey Sat 13-Jun-09 18:43:35

That was far too many 'justs' for one post too.

OrmIrian Sat 13-Jun-09 18:51:24

Twas a bit meh... I was looking forward to it. Words were being thrown about - Monty Python, Red Dwaf - words calculated to make right-thinking people excited. And it wasn't. Really.

DS#1 watched some of it with me - I didn't much appreciate the horse shagging hmm And yes I know, watershed and all that but Red Dwarf didn't have anything like that <tut>

OrmIrian Sat 13-Jun-09 18:51:26

Twas a bit meh... I was looking forward to it. Words were being thrown about - Monty Python, Red Dwaf - words calculated to make right-thinking people excited. And it wasn't. Really.

DS#1 watched some of it with me - I didn't much appreciate the horse shagging hmm And yes I know, watershed and all that but Red Dwarf didn't have anything like that <tut>

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sat 13-Jun-09 18:53:22

Message withdrawn

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sat 13-Jun-09 18:54:01

Message withdrawn

funtimewincies Sat 13-Jun-09 19:36:16

Nothing new, certainly silly, a bit heavy-handed in places but I thoroughly enjoyed it grin!

nannyogg Sat 13-Jun-09 19:39:02

I quite liked it, had me giggling out loud a couple of times. And Sean Macquire has filled out quite nicely hasn't he?

Mitchell and Webb afterwards was very funny.

dorindabrown Thu 18-Jun-09 22:20:56

Have just watched episode 2. Didn't even realise it was Sean Maguire until the last message but crikey! A big improvement!

In my brain I know Krod Mandoon is quite lame but for some reason it still makes me laugh. I think it's partly about the use of language. It's almost a bit like Blackadder (very very very sub-Blackadder).

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 18-Jun-09 22:24:30

We recorded it but when we put it on, the whole family got bored and we ended up turning it off and watching Supernatural instead.

Crud Mandon't IMO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: