Talk

Advanced search

Katie and Peter anyone?

(6 Posts)
Coochicoo Fri 12-Jun-09 10:36:38

Or is it just me watching this disaster waiting to happen?!

I just watched last night's episode; Katie really doesn't come across well - moaning about being fat, spotty, ugly. If she truly thinks she's fat then I think she has a serious issue. And I wonder why it was important enough to cut short the fun family day at Legoland to see her dentist when she didn't smile in the shoot anyway, so her broken veneer probably wouldn't have shown. She doesn't seem happy.

It was nice to see the children having fun though.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 12-Jun-09 11:19:45

I think this has been edited very cleverly. Seriously. Previous series have shown them both at the best and worst. This one seems designed to make her look as bad as possible and put a halo around Pete's head.

I find myself wondering if Pete had already discussed his unhappiness with Claire and that she subsequently has dictated what is filmed and how. It makes very uncomfortable viewing. For example, when he rang her to wish her happy mothers day but just got her voicemail......was that designed to make her seem like she didn't give a toss about when or whether her kids rang?

Coochicoo Fri 12-Jun-09 21:25:47

I agree it does seem to have been edited to show her in a bad light. All perfectly timed for the split too hmm

It's not comfortable viewing, but for some reason I can't stop watching. Not many viewers left though by the looks of this thread! smile

BeautyandtheBreast Sat 13-Jun-09 09:47:13

Every time I watch those two I resolve to be more affectionate to my dh!

She appears very cold to him...but who really knows eh?

Pete did look pretty bad in that argument they had in the wheely machine shop place.

For a woman who has made her fortune out of how she looks you'd think she'd be more confident - and the one person's whose opinion really counts, that of her husband, she seems to dismiss.

I'll miss that programme. Great way to make my own normal life seem wonderful!

NeedaNewName Sat 13-Jun-09 09:51:12

Before all the news broke I was watching some of the shows and commented to someone who knows the family well, she told me that it was well edited.

Now this could have been just her being discreet and she has said nothing since but I do tend to believe her.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 20:29:10

Very interesting NANN.

Actually, I thought Pete's comments about her thinking that "going to a club and pulling your t-shirt up so the lads can see your tits" was work, was very telling. He is clearly incredibly jealous and insecure. You cannot date/marry a woman like Katie and have any hang ups about what she does. She has made an absolute fortune from it and good luck to her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now