Talk

Advanced search

Veronica Mars

(12 Posts)
meridian Thu 11-Jun-09 10:56:10

I bought my DH season 1 dvd box set for his birthday, which he didn't want to watch and for the last few weeks I have become obsessed with watching Veronica Mars.. I forgot how good the show was..Ive been downloading seasons 2 and 3 and only have a few more episodes to watch...

just wanted to know if there were any other Veronica Mars addicts out there?

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 15-Jun-09 09:39:46

I love Veronica Mars (I know this thread is a few days old, just found it) I caught season 1 about 3 years ago and watched all the episodes in a few days and then move onto the rest. It was such a shame when it got cancelled, but the rest never lived up to season 1.

meridian Mon 15-Jun-09 09:56:53

thanks for replying! season 1 is definitly the best one though season 2 was pretty close... the third one lost the plot a bit.. it had some good moments but it seemed to have lost its edge and noir-ness...

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 15-Jun-09 10:49:20

It did. I read that when they started season 3 they wanted to attract the more casual viewers as in the previous seasons there were so many interlacing stories that you could never just drop in and out, so they started a more "story-line of the week" approach. I thought it got better in the last couple of episodes, and I did love Logan.

I heard that they wanted to make a film of Veronica in the FBI. I do miss it! I might watch them again!

meridian Mon 15-Jun-09 11:06:09

the creative team behind the show wanted to make a film but doesn't think there is enough pull for it... but with Bell on Heroes it brings more people to her work so maybe there will be more people intrested in a movie.. or tv movies....it would be great to see her going through FBI training... and then going to back to neptune for a case and running into Logan... logan was brilliant... loved his answering machine quotes! grin

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 15-Jun-09 14:37:41

So have you watched the last ones yet?

meridian Mon 15-Jun-09 17:32:52

I watched the last one on friday.. *sniffles pathetically* the obsessive watching of the show has now calmed.. but I't makes the end all the worse...and I feel that poor Pizz was just being strung along, she would never love him like she loves Logan.. and that last scene when he says sorry and she just looks after him as he goes to say sorry to Pizz... and beating up that idiot as well... *smishes Logan*

Tortington Mon 15-Jun-09 17:37:34

oh those were the days - dd and i had a dance to the music at the beginnig - love it

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 15-Jun-09 17:42:55

I liked the fact that even though they didn't get back together, the look that she gives him at the end shows that it was far from over. Piz, Schmiz!

meridian Mon 15-Jun-09 18:59:37

oh and the third season they remixed "we Used to be friends" and mellowed it down.. angry

PortAndLemon Tue 16-Jun-09 01:26:38

I love series 1; haven't seen the later series yet (I had season 2 on order but it all went a bit wrong) although I have a vague idea how the plot goes.

meridian Fri 10-Jul-09 09:36:15

VM is supposedly being shown on E4 from next week.. no proper details yet though, so I don't really know till it starts!

DRAMA: Veronica Mars
On: E4 (
Date: Thursday 16th July 2009
Time: 11:05 to 12:00 (55 minutes long)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now