Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else like NCIS? Tell me I'm not alone!

(14 Posts)
patriciawentworthheroine Fri 05-Jun-09 21:05:37

Calling all fans of CSI:this that and the other, 24, Without A Trace, etc etc etc ad nauseum. Check out NCIS - it's fab.

The premise: admittedly somewhat weak. A crack team investigates crimes in the NAVY or involving Navy personnel or otherwise tenuously linked to the boys and girls in blue.

The result: fantastic thanks to unusually good characterisation and dialogue.

The characters:
Gibbs - the requisite (since CSI) senior male team leader who's there to be omniscient, omnipotent and generally perfect.

Tony Di Nozzo - hot, hot, hot and also blessed with brilliant comic timing and gets all the best lines

Ziva - his sparky female (Israeli) partner

McGee - bumbling newbie

Abby - six-foot Goth who does the science stuff and has a strangely sentimental relationship with Gibbs

Duckie - David McCallum, bless him, as the cranky English pathologist

You'll find NCIS, if you haven't already, on Channel 5 on Fridays. You can also, like me, watch earlier series on SFX the same night and get confused about the timelines.

But I really hope some other mumsnetters already indulge in NCIS and can at least confirm the hotness of Tony Di Nozzo.

Tortington Fri 05-Jun-09 21:08:22

we download it so are bang up to date - this is a staple fave of ours we adore it

cant stick csi though

McDreamy Fri 05-Jun-09 21:09:42

I luurrrve it! I love Jethro and Abi is cool! grin

2plus2 Fri 05-Jun-09 22:48:40

It's our favourite just watched it with the family. We love how Tony is always changing McGee's name, Mcgeek is our favourite name change. Tony is great but so is Jethro he could rescue me any day grin

coppertop Sat 06-Jun-09 15:45:02

I love NCIS. I didn't think they'd be able to replace Kate but Ziva is great.

I love the jokes about David McCallum in his 'Man from UNCLE' days too.

maqrollelgaviero Tue 09-Jun-09 07:55:11

We love love love NCIS in this house, I think I'm all up to date with it ATM so I got JAG (the series NCIS span off from) from lovefilm and it's not nearly as good.

Don't tell anyone but we dh is in the RN and we particularly like to have the following conversation about a million times an episode:

Me: Are the ships like our ones?
Dh: Theirs are bigger usually.
Me: they've got handguns on them, do you have access to guns on board then?
Dh: Yes but not to wander about with like that
Me: they've gone on the bridge of that ship, do they have those headphone things to the radar room you use? Oooh look their racks look like that other ship you were on...Can you fire a machine gun like that? Are you a good shot or a crap shot? Why the obsession with high and tight hair on the bootnecks? Are our Marines like that...?
Dh: for the love of god be quiet, it's just tv. I don't know I'm not American!
Me: Sorry...
Dh: Oh FGS! There is no way you can fire a spanglegun147 at that range! Ridiculous ... There would be trouble if you spoke to the skipper like that... (shouting now) Armour piercing, Fuckwits, totally the wrong shells...

Repeat every single episode!

4andnotout Tue 09-Jun-09 08:00:24

I love NCIS as do my inlaws and it is one of our main topics of coversation when we visit them

LtEveDallas Tue 09-Jun-09 08:33:41

De Nozzo is good, but Jethro is better - God he's hot blush. In fact I've even got a bit of a crush on Abby double blush.

Loved the ep with DeNozzo snogging a bloke - served him right.

Love this programme, even more than CSI (although I do still have a bit of a crush on Warwick) - and wasn't there a crossover with Without a Trace once?

I preferred Kate, actually screamed when she was killed because I wasn't expecting it, but Siva has grown on me.

Cant get it where I am living now, but am coming home this year so cant wait to watch it again!

patriciawentworthheroine Tue 09-Jun-09 11:11:35

Despite being a big fan and having started this thread, I am a weakling when it comes to understanding of the show.

It took me over a month to realise I was watching two separate seasons on different channels - why did the girl change her name from Kate to Ziva and back between episodes? Weird! - and I have missed all the seminal moments, eg Kate's death.

Nonetheless I am TRYING to get up to speed. Having missed the end of last season can anyone tell me why Gibbs had left and Tony was in charge and why Gibbs is now back?

I also thought Jenny was dead but she appears to be alive! Totally confused, prob. because by the time we have got all DCs to bed we are serving dinner during NCIS and DH talks through it.

One more thought: I am pushing Tony for the Faceman role in the forthcoming A-team remake. Would be not be ace?

Stayingsunnygirl Tue 09-Jun-09 11:31:57

I love both JAG and NCIS - I especially love Abby (Pauly Perrette). Ziva is great too, especially when they use her Mossad background to put the fear of God Ziva into some poor suspect!!

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Tue 09-Jun-09 11:45:52

I love NCIS and am now waiting for my sesason 5 set to come.

hippipotamiHasLost36Pounds Tue 09-Jun-09 11:49:17

I love love love NCIS and have a huuuuuuuge crush on Jethro blush
DeNozo leaves me cold though - if I had to choose between him and McGee it would be McGee blush

Tortington Tue 09-Jun-09 11:50:59

i think tony would be perfect as 'face' for the new A-team patricia!

Gibbs left NCIS at the end of season 3 after a terrorist attack has been successful because his superiors did not heed his warnings. The team is now led, for a short time until Gibbs eventually returned,

NCIS WIKI !!!!!!

209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:bfs0GYNcpckJ:ncis.wikia.com/wiki/NCIS_(series)+gibbs+left+ncis+and+ton y&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk knock yourself out¬

hippipotamiHasLost36Pounds Tue 09-Jun-09 12:52:18

You are sooo right re 'Face' custy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now