Talk

Advanced search

That ad where the woman is spraying air fresheners at an open kitchen bin...

(30 Posts)
Flibbertyjibbet Mon 01-Jun-09 22:41:16

Why doesn't she just empty the bin if it smells fgs instead of squirting gallons of air fresher crap at it if it smells????????

We don't have a kitchen bin - we hang a carrier bag off the cupboard handle and it gets taken out at least once a day. I can't stand bins because they just get full and smelly and tea bag dribbles all down them and they get fuller and fuller then it turns into a big job to get the liner out and take it to the wheelie bin.........

So lets just all have a mahoosive bin and squirt air freshener at it when the contents get out of control grin

aaaaaaand breathe.

JustcallmeDog Mon 01-Jun-09 22:42:30

Message withdrawn

MrsPickles Mon 01-Jun-09 22:42:45

aaaaah agree this ad is sooo annoying - I was shouting at the TV last night when I saw this ad for the first time - just empty your bin woman !!! Honestly, what a slattern!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 01-Jun-09 22:42:59

It's because they want you to buy their shite! I have a bin, never use it though as I do the same as you.

PerfectPrefect Mon 01-Jun-09 22:43:28

I think she is spraying the antibacterial/antiviral one to kill teh bugs which cause the stink.

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 01-Jun-09 22:49:35

Perfectprefect, THATS EVEN WORSE!!!

Spraying something on your bin to kill the bugs which are making the stink shock

Empty the bin! Empty the effing bin! Bugs, bacteria and smell outside in the wheelie bin!

My friend was showing me her fab new bin last week. I just couldn't get excited. She was so disappointed that I wasn't impressed with the way she could just gently prod it for the lid to come up. She'd not had it a day and there was already a tea bag dribble on it angry
It sits almost in the middle of the floor but she has one because she beleives that you HAVE TO HAVE A BIN.

<<flounces off to take this evenings carrier bag out to the wheelie bin and breathes deeply passing through the non-smelly kitchen>>

Pixel Mon 01-Jun-09 22:54:31

Mine doesn't have teabag dribbles because all the teabags go in the compost [angelic emoticon].

Agree about the ad though, I haven't seen it but it must have been on last night when I heard dh shouting "just empty the bin then" at the telly. grin

tigana Mon 01-Jun-09 22:57:14

She is also wasteful. There is a whole chicken leg in that bin, uncooked! Hugh F-W would weep....

(I have bin, big, with tea dribbles. When it gets full we call it the Simpsons Bin in honour of the episode where they start stapling things onto the overflowing bin a sthe one who fills it has to empty it)

[embracing my slatternlyness emoticon]

but flibberty...I do agree!!

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 01-Jun-09 22:57:36

(so do mine smile)

ChasingSquirrels Mon 01-Jun-09 22:58:20

we don't have wheelie bins

umbungo Tue 02-Jun-09 11:10:54

i kinda agree but disagree.
we have a kitchen bin. it doesnt stink.

but thats because smelly waste goes in a plastic bag and in the wheelie bin straight away.

the internal bucket of the bin is easy to remove and wash.

its too impractical not to have a bin at all, for us anyway.

tea bags go on to a little plate or a bowl and then later popped in the bin, so we don't have bin tea dribbles.

the product seems pointless. empty the bin. dont mask the smell with sprays. yuck!

JeffVadar Tue 02-Jun-09 13:26:58

I am always amazed at the whole air freshener obssession anyway, every other ad seems to be for them and they mostly smell disgusting!

If my house gets a bit whiffy I open a window!!

geekgirl Tue 02-Jun-09 13:29:52

no everyone has a wheelie bin though - we don't, our council doesn't use them on our road.
Our bin doesn't smell though because all the organic stuff that could smell goes down the sink - we have a waste disposal unit.

nickytwotimes Tue 02-Jun-09 13:32:34

My bin never smells.
<smug>
it is a bloddy stupid as though.

nickytwotimes Tue 02-Jun-09 13:33:07

A bloody stupid ad, I mean...

KingCanuteIAm Tue 02-Jun-09 13:33:19

I think they are missing a trick, after all if it is good enough to kill all that bacteria on contact shouldn't they be telling us to spray it everywhere and we can all live in a lovely bacteria free environment? hmm

CherryChoc Tue 02-Jun-09 13:36:11

But geekgirl surely you still have an outside bin? We used to before they brought wheeliebins in here.

burningupinspeed Tue 02-Jun-09 13:36:28

Where do you get the carrier bags to use for rubbish?

I have a bin, I don't have a teabag holder, but nor do I have tea dribbles. If you squeeze the teabag against the cup properly they are easily avoided!

Agree the ad is <boak> though, hate with a passion all air fresheners/related aerosol products angry

ProfYaffle Tue 02-Jun-09 13:38:23

Lol @ op, I've also been shouting 'empty the sodding bin then!' at the tv a lot!

Pixel Tue 02-Jun-09 15:31:22

I never buy air fresheners either, why would I want to spray a load of chemicals around and then breathe them in?

The ad I really really hate with a passion is the dubbed child saying he 'wants to do a poo at Paul's' because they have a spray thing on the wall in the bathroom. Makes me cringe every time.

MerlinsBeard Tue 02-Jun-09 15:59:49

so glad to know it's not just me that has been shouting at that woman!

SparklyGothKat Tue 02-Jun-09 16:04:15

I don't have an outside bin.. angry we have to keep all rubbish in our garden until binday and then put all black bags out the front. Cats are always ripping open my bags...

KayHarkerDoesNotSimper Tue 02-Jun-09 20:31:36

I'd like to know why she doesn't have a sodding lid on a bin that size.

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Tue 02-Jun-09 21:17:27

I never get tea stains on my bin. <Zeb polishes halo> grin
Oh yes, I remember. I don't drink tea. hmm

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 02-Jun-09 22:43:19

Obviously the people who say they don't have wheelie bins or outside bins etc, have never seen the ad...

Its a farking great lidless bin thats sitting in the middle of her kitchen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now