Talk

Advanced search

Come and talk vintage 90210!

(16 Posts)
littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 19:30:48

When ds was born I bought a stack of boxsets to see me through middle of the night non-stop breastfeeds, and now he is 3 weeks off being 1 (blimey, where did the time go shock) I have watched all of Frasier, Scrubs and countless more I have just got round to watching the original 90210. I am too young grin to have watched it first time round, but the stuff that strikes me is:
How high the waists of their jeans were
Just what a wet sap Brandon Walsh is- deos Andrea actually have to offer herself up on a table of sushi a la Samantha to make him realise she fancies the pants off him??
What is with Brenda's fringe??
WHy does Dillon look about 35?
I have only just finished the first season. Tell me why I need to order the next one

TheMysticMasseuse Fri 15-May-09 19:38:49

How high the waists of their jeans were- armits high. and i thought they looked gorgeous at the time, so the waist of my jeans must have been even higher...

Just what a wet sap Brandon Walsh is- deos Andrea actually have to offer herself up on a table of sushi a la Samantha to make him realise she fancies the pants off him?? Brandon was gay, and in love with Steve.

What is with Brenda's fringe?? see my first answer
WHy does Dillon look about 35? because he is. very very thick you know, what with the eyebrow scar etc, so it took him absolutely aaaages to get through high school

littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 19:41:33

<<spray>> @ Brandon was gay and in love with Steve.
grin I can sooooooo see it

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Fri 15-May-09 19:48:06

Ah but did you have the Brenda hats like I did?

littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 19:50:08

I had a Brenda hat when I was about 10.
I am going to have to get season 2. Brenda just told Dillon she's late shock

southeastastra Fri 15-May-09 19:51:47

i had one when i was about 20 grin, they look much larger than now too, healthier though.

oooh i loved that pile of poop grin it was so righteous

TheMysticMasseuse Fri 15-May-09 19:52:15

brenda hats? i can't remember!!! pictures please!

so am i the only one old enough to remember coming home from school and getting her daily fix (my mum was addicted too)??

Dylan was so the man...

littlelamb Fri 15-May-09 19:58:05

southeastastra, I thought that. Compared to the new 90210 lot they are positively heifers wink I was shocked when I saw the new one tbh. Back in the day all you needed were stonewashed jeans and slightly frizzy hair to be cool

southeastastra Fri 15-May-09 20:02:01

i did watch the first of the new series, i think just to see the old guest appearances.

look at the difference here

neenztwinz Sat 16-May-09 14:11:07

IIRC it really gets going in season 2 with a Brenda/Dylan/Kelly love triangle.

I used to love Brendan!! blush

Quite like the new 90210 too blushblush

TheMysticMasseuse Sat 16-May-09 18:17:43

yes amazing how fat the girls from the old series look compared to the new ones... and they were gorgeous, not fat at all... it really is unbelievable how much our perception of beauty has evolved over the past 15 years... actually i am quite depressed about it!

neenztwinz Sat 16-May-09 19:55:27

Me too! All the programmes from back then are the same - the women seem huge, but I bet they were all size 10s. It would be way better for us all if more 'fat' women were on telly now.

TheMysticMasseuse Sat 16-May-09 20:03:12

to think that i saw myself as fat compared to brenda and kelly, no wonder modern girls are all sooo much thinner, with these role models...

i hope things go back to "normal" by the time my dds are teenagers...

Mamazon Sat 16-May-09 20:07:26

god you've made me feel really old now.

how can you be too young to have seen it?
itsnot fair i tell ya

Pinkjenny Tue 23-Jun-09 14:35:22

<resurrects thread>

I am up to season 6 now <proud>

simpson Wed 24-Jun-09 21:58:40

envy envy envy

Have also been recently watching 90210 (the original obv.)and have only got to season 5.

Debating whether to buy series 6 or not...

<<dithers>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now