Talk

Advanced search

American Idol - oh no!

(15 Posts)
dot1 Sat 30-Apr-05 10:10:26

I'm addicted to American Idol- it's just about the only programme I watch regularly, and the lovely Constantine's been voted out!!!

Ahem. Sorry - just needed to get that out because dp doesn't watch it and I've got no-one to moan to!!!

compo Sat 30-Apr-05 10:11:52

I watch it to see Simon Cowell but they seem to edit a lot out. Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson are so annoying - Paula seems to like everybody

MarsLady Sat 30-Apr-05 10:56:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Gobbledigook Sat 30-Apr-05 13:17:32

Oh come on, Constantine was terrible last night! He deserved to go! I think Scott has a cracking voice!

Caligula Sat 30-Apr-05 13:21:19

You must be joking! Scott was all over the place! And as for Albino boy Anthony - he looks about 12.

Can't believe that good people like Nadia and Anwar are gone, and Scott and Anthony are still in.

JoolsToo Sat 30-Apr-05 13:24:29

Scott was bloody awful last night - and really deserved to go on that performance. They're all really crap this year - the best one, Mario walked. David Brown was superb in the auditions but chose awful songs so got booted early. Likewise Scott was great in the auditions but doesn't seemed to have converted it to the main even.

There is no outstanding singer in this lot at all. I do like Anthony and think he gets a rough deal - I think he has more general appeal than the others, but I wouldn't buy a cd of any of them.

JoolsToo Sat 30-Apr-05 13:25:15

I don't think anyone of them has sung one song all the way through fully in tune!

maria1966 Sat 30-Apr-05 13:35:44

I thought Anwar always sounded the same what ever he sang.Scott probably got through going on past performances.He sounds better when he sings a song with a bit of soul in it.
I find they all pick some obscure songs and their have been some bad choices.
I agree when Simon says the song choice is so important.They are probably picking their songs for the american audience obviously,which is why i probably don't relate to a lot of their choices.
For me Simon is normally spot on with his comments.
I would like Scott to win,i always vote for the underdog

mumtochloe Sat 30-Apr-05 14:49:04

I can't believe NO-ONE has mentioned Bo here - he is the best by far as he has the charisma to take him far. I like rockers though so am probably a lot biased!

Constantine was awful last night but so was Scott. I personally think voters were influenced by the family interviews they showed before each performance. Who could fail to be moved by Antony's parents being all emotional over their little boy, or Scotts parents saying he has been poor all his life and deserves better for his future. Constantines mother on the other hand seemed like a spoilt old bag and didn't do him any favours in my opinion.

Vonzell does have a good voice too so Bo or Vonzell to win. (reckon Carrie will win though due to her american pie good looks and penchant for country music)

Over and out!

bamster Sat 30-Apr-05 15:01:58

BO TOO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is truly amazing

MarsLady Sat 30-Apr-05 15:15:06

look below mumtochloe. I think you'll find that I mentioned the wonderful Bo who I've been supporting from the get go!

mumtochloe Sat 30-Apr-05 15:24:34

Whoops - sorry Marslady! Can I join in too!!

Go Bo Go!!!!!!!!!!!11

MarsLady Sat 30-Apr-05 15:26:20

dot1 Sat 30-Apr-05 18:13:27

Bo is WONDERFUL!!!!!! I've been torn between him and Constantine - but you just couldn't beat Constantine's smouldering! I agree he was pretty rubbish last night - but Scott was aswell so I was sure he was going to go...

But yes, love Bo - best stage prescence, voice, own style - fab!!

dot1 Sat 30-Apr-05 18:14:36

Can't stand Anthony by the way - reminds me of a young Michael Ball!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now