Talk

Advanced search

does anyone else love ' The Mentalist'

(14 Posts)
wannabe10 Tue 21-Apr-09 21:23:58

Watched a few of these that I had taped back to back the other night and thought they were fab and that the lead is very yummy!!!

DLI Wed 22-Apr-09 18:01:19

yes, i like it. he's not bad looking too.

BitOfFun Wed 22-Apr-09 20:16:52

I did a thread on this recently...holes in the plot you could drive a truck through, yet strangely forgiveable grin

TwoScrambledEggs Fri 24-Apr-09 18:21:22

Yup, quite like it

squeaver Fri 24-Apr-09 18:22:34

I think I would like this but I can't get past the playground-insult title.

zisforzebra Fri 24-Apr-09 22:46:13

I really like it. He is very cute and it's quite funny.

FairLadyRantALot Fri 22-May-09 13:31:26

an't find the other Mentalist thread, so, shall ask here...
watched last night and got a bit confused....doesn't take much, tbh,....anyway...I thought they caught the guy that killed the Mentalist wife and daughter in the very first episode? Or did I imagine that? It's jsut on last night episode he mentioned of which revenge he would inflict if they ever caught him....
can anyone shed light on this, please?

Iklboo Fri 22-May-09 13:33:23

We couldn't get into it - some of the supposed 'mentalist' tricks were so telegraphed out hamsters picked up on them wink
We'll give it another go I suppose. It wasn't offensive or anything

Iklboo Fri 22-May-09 13:34:27

Oh and they hadn't killed the guy who had killed Mentalists wife and daughter - they had killed a guy who was pretending to be the killer to throw him off the scent of another case. I think.

jumpingbeans Fri 22-May-09 13:36:46

Last night, at the begining of the show, he asked a woman to think of a shape, i said to dh triangle, he then said think of that shape inside another shape, i said to dh ,circle, then he, the mentalist not dh, said a triangle in a circle, my eyes did that strange popping out thing at dh, I think he read my mind next week I am going to try and let him "mind read" my phone number

FairLadyRantALot Fri 22-May-09 13:41:06

lol jumping...

and iklboo...thanks for clarification....shows how much notice I took when watching it that first time, lol....

Flynnie Fri 22-May-09 13:55:41

Oh I love it, and have only just started watching it.

Not sure whats wrong with the title though.

FairLadyRantALot Fri 22-May-09 15:01:57

squeaver, what is wrong with the title?
Definition of Mentalist is:
men·tal·ist (-ist)

noun

1.a person who believes in mentalism
2.a person who professes to read minds or tell fortunes

Saying that, the title isn't very apt, I suppose, because it is "him" himself who keeps saying that he is NOT a mindreader, etc...however, I don't think Mentalist is used as an insult?

mitsuko Mon 01-Jun-09 17:20:09

I was trying to catch up on some episodes - but no. 4 is no longer available on demand - are there any other sites where you can download this? Maybe an American one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now