Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Extreme makeover- home edition - anyone else watch it?

(9 Posts)
sallystrawberry Fri 22-Apr-05 21:50:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

feelingold Fri 22-Apr-05 22:19:26

I watch it too (so does dh when he's not working) and I usually have tears in my eyes too,
Most of these familys stories are so sad and their houses are just so awful.
I love Ty and the team especially Paul cos he always cries, it's great.

TwoIfBySea Fri 22-Apr-05 22:22:34

Another addicted household here. Both dh and I love this although Ty is a bit shouty sometimes! I love that the families are so deserving rather than some of the ungrateful ones you get on makeover shows here. Though I can't imagine a programme set in Britain where they rip down the house and rebuild in 7 days.

emmamama Tue 26-Apr-05 14:33:57

OMG! It's almost an obsession now. I cry, sob laugh weep. It's superb.

Puts our tatty MDF tables and a few sheets of laminate to shame! Bring it to the UK soon please.

melsy Tue 26-Apr-05 14:56:24

Gawd thought I was the only soppy apath with this !!!I always blubb at the end because the people are so deserving and its a really glad feeling!!

scotlou Tue 26-Apr-05 15:15:22

I love it too - although wish Ty would get rid of teh megaphone!
Don't think it would work in UK - we're too reserved!

expatinscotland Tue 26-Apr-05 15:18:52

No, I don't watch it. Cannot afford to own a home at all and there are more of us in similar situations - the number of first-time buyers continues to slip. Would rather see a show in the UK about helping a family who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford a home get one.

misdee Tue 26-Apr-05 15:32:35

Did you see the one with the deaf parents and the blind and autistic son. i was amazed at the way the boy 'read' the parents sign language using his hands. wow wow!! they didnt need a larger house, they just needed a 'safe' house for their son who kept escaping.

but bin that bloody megaphone!

Tortington Tue 26-Apr-05 22:41:51

i am obsessed with it - but really its definatley one of those " only in America" tv progs. a mum has a daughter with aids, adopts two other children both with aids - then gets cancer - i mean you couldn't make it up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now