Talk

Advanced search

I hate Eastenders.

(26 Posts)
OrmIrian Fri 20-Mar-09 22:34:33

I do. I really do. Every time I hear those whiny accents going on and on about some crisis or another I just long for someone to blow up Albert Square. Is anyone happy there for more than 5 mins?

Sorry.

Unreasonable whinge due to DH being addicted to the damn thing angry and I can hear it even when I'm not in the room.....

AnyFucker Fri 20-Mar-09 22:43:44

I hate it too

BeckhamSpice Fri 20-Mar-09 22:46:03

I fackin 'ate it un all. Aint' wotched it fer five years nah.

Not since Michael French woz innit.

WinkyWinkola Fri 20-Mar-09 22:56:29

Full of miserable, vile people being horrible to each other and living in squalor. No thanks.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 21-Mar-09 09:14:48

i love ee

makes my life seems so good grin

it amazes me that EVERYONE works in the square and then pisses it up at lunchtime in the pub, and then goes back to work sozzled!!

TsarChasm Sat 21-Mar-09 09:17:33

We haven't watched it for years and years. It got so depressing and even back then they'd exhaused the whole gamut of human misery to the power of 10.

I can't think there's any more misery left to write aboutgrin

Watch Corrie. At least it has funny moments.

EyeballsintheSky Sat 21-Mar-09 09:18:51

I hate it as well, but I can't stop watching the bugger blush

Docbunches Sat 21-Mar-09 09:39:58

Yep, me too. Haven't watched for probably more than 15 years.

All my DC's friends watch it, but so far mine haven't shown any interest, thank goodness.

Mine love Waterloo Road - it's much more enjoyable, they even sometimes discuss it with their teachers at school the next day (my DD's tutor admitted crying when Maxine died!).

OrmIrian Sat 21-Mar-09 12:23:17

Good.

Glad I'm not alone.

But nope, sorry not switching to another soap. I am happy to be a soap-free zone.

Mind you will admit a slight liking for Holby City blush

MrsMattie Sat 21-Mar-09 12:33:44

I hate it....but have watched it since it started (1986, I think?) <saddo emoticon>

It beats Corrie (all those unfunny 'comedy' storylines) and that God awful farming one.

Holby rocks, btw. So much eye candy.

MrsMattie Sat 21-Mar-09 12:34:29

Dr Michael Spence <drools>

donnie Sat 21-Mar-09 17:24:49

yes it is trash. Some of the actors are truly dreadful - that Chelsea Fox ? I get splinters just watching her. And the long lost daughter Danielle? ditto, ouch. You can see their eyes moving across the autocue.

Thehoof42 Thu 16-Mar-17 20:03:31

Happen to come across this programme whilst channel browsing watched it years back but depressed me so much I stopped,it appears to me to have taken on a whole new depressive bad ham acting characters that I thought could not be usurped,awful 3rd rate acting from everyone I saw god knows where the scriptwriters grew up definitely not the east of London I Prey people from all over the country don't really think we all act like that complete pile of horse shit

NotYoda Fri 17-Mar-17 18:10:10

I loved it so much when it started (I was about 11 I think).

Stopped watching it regularly about 10 years ago. It's just depressing.

I now hate the relentless unkindness and the ridiculous lack of reality - people buying all their stuff from a market stall, no hipsters, little ethinic diversity etc.

NotYoda Fri 17-Mar-17 18:11:51

.. sorry it was 1985. so I was 15/16

The80sweregreat Fri 17-Mar-17 19:07:56

Dont join our gang on the EE thread! Lol. We moan about it, but stick with it through thick n thin.. I think that some of us wonder why !
I am loyal, but it can be annoying..

Reow Fri 17-Mar-17 19:12:42

Me too. My mum has watched it religiously forever. She gets upset about storylines as if it's real.

Hate hate hate.

MusicToMyEars800 Fri 17-Mar-17 19:15:57

I hate it too, I haven't watched it in years!

The80sweregreat Fri 17-Mar-17 19:17:30

It is an acquired taste! smile

Izzabellasasperella Sat 18-Mar-17 09:07:02

I used to watch it when Grant, Phil and Sharon were in a love triangle! Gave up years ago. I don't watch any soaps now although I do find myself sucked into Hollyoaks sometimes, it's so awful you can't help watching in disbeliefsmile

The80sweregreat Sat 18-Mar-17 12:37:02

I dont watch any other soaps, although i hear that Emmerdale has some hot guys in it- i did catch a bit of Corrie the other day - had some annoying girl in it called Rosie, her voice was enough for me to turn it over quickly. I gather that Ken and Gail and some of the oldies i did watch in the 70s and 80s are still around- i dont know any of the newer crowd so its pointless me even trying to get back into that soap after decades away. Hollyoaks has been on a while too. They all must have an audience in order to carry on being made. Brookside was axed and a few people were upset about that.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:22:50

I watch Emmerdale, Corrie and Hollyoaks but not religiously I tend to turn off if it's boring... I hate that they Rosie is back in corrie she is the most annoying character but mary is comical in it

JustAnotherSilentOldNumber Sat 18-Mar-17 19:24:44

I also hate Eastenders.

NotYoda Sun 19-Mar-17 07:59:34

ZOMBIE THREAD (2009!) [BLUSH]

spiderslight Sun 19-Mar-17 11:39:52

You'd think we hate it on the EE threads, all the critique, and names for the characters (Mick is Mock, for example), but it's the only soap I watch and my guilty pleasure, even DH doesn't know I watch. It has hidden depths (they're well hidden grin)

I haven't seen Emmerdale since the Emmerdale Farm days and that wasn't out of choice. Coronation Street is like pantomime, I can't watch it, apparently its early inspiration came from Shelagh Delaney's work, I can't see that now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now