Talk

Advanced search

New Doctor Who

(23 Posts)
happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 14:13:03

I have just watched Doctor Who with the family. It is jusy so good. takes me back to my childhood hiding behind the sofa!

Just enough laught to stop it being too scary. And Christopher Ecclestone is so good, shame he is only doing one series!

TinyGang Sun 17-Apr-05 14:30:27

Agree hmb, it's fantastic and I never even used to like Dr Who in the old days!

Christopher Eccleston is a brilliant Dr, and I do like Billy Piper as well. Shame he's only doing one series - although I guess an actor could get very typecast with this role, and he is in lots of other things too.

We began by letting dd (6) watch it, and she did enjoy it, then she had a bit of an over-imganinative epsode and was worried about aliens, so we knocked it on the head for her. The 'ghost' one last week would definiately have been too much for her.

This weeks was good - I think farting aliens must appeal greatly to little boys (and big ones) of a certain age

NomDePlume Sun 17-Apr-05 14:33:24

I saw the epsiode last night and thought it was the biggest load of old shite I've ever had the misfortune to witness. DS2 (11.5) is in to it so we had it on in the living room. It was soooooooo utterly rubbish, it was embarrassing.

coppertop Sun 17-Apr-05 14:37:53

Ds1 thought the farting aliens were hysterical! I love the new series.

What part did ds1 play, NDP?

NomDePlume Sun 17-Apr-05 14:38:30

Um, none. DS2 is into it

welshiegirl Sun 17-Apr-05 14:43:24

Hi Im new to mumsnet, must say that I enjoy the Dr Who, as it is all mainly filmed in Wales, in Cardiff, thinks it good and great boost for Wales in general.

happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 14:54:43

I thought tha the farting aliens were so funny as well! Just put it down to my vulgar sense of humour! Wghat part does you son play NDP?

happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 14:55:03

Sorry! Brain fart on my part!

NomDePlume Sun 17-Apr-05 14:55:50

He isn't in it !

I posted....

"DS2 (11.5) is in to it so we had it on in the living room"

I should have put "DS2 (11.5) is into it so we had it on in the living room"

It was a typo

happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 14:59:08

Sorry, m'dear, i re-read you post I realised my mistake as well!

As I said, Brian Fart (sic)

Steppy1 Sun 17-Apr-05 15:38:20

...myself and DH pmsl last night at the farting aliens though DD (2!) was hiding behind the cushion with DS ($!) maybe they're a little young to be wathcing it, what a bad mother I am. I say "What about Billie Pipeer as the first female Dr Who "

Freckle Sun 17-Apr-05 15:46:31

I love the new series. I am, unfortunately, old enough to remember the very first Dr. Who series. Given the improvement in technology and children's exposure to special effects, I have to say that thi series is top notch. Just scary enough for those of us who believe that Dr. Who has to be scary, but with enough humour to rescue it from pure scariness.

DS1(11) and DS3(6) love it. DS2(9) loves watching it, but tends to have disturbed nights afterwards. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing.

happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 15:48:34

Agree with you 100% on the just sacary eniough thing.

What I love about it is that it is a TV program that we can enjoy with the kids. And there are not many of them around. Can't think of any others, offhand!

happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 15:49:07

And I can just remember the second Dr Who, him and his recorder!

marthamoo Sun 17-Apr-05 15:53:37

David Tennant is going to be the new Dr Who.

I wasn't keen on the farting aliens but I know the dses (don't know how to write that) will be when they watch it. We're recording it and making sure it's not too scary for them (they didn't get to see the zombie one last week).

Last night was the first time I found Christopher Eccleston a little irritating. I think he is over-using that big, gormless, enthusiastic smile.

happymerryberries Sun 17-Apr-05 15:56:26

We also tape it and check it out first.

My kids loved the farting aliens, they now think that dh is an alien

snafu Sun 17-Apr-05 15:57:40

I haven't watched it yet (clashes with ds's bedtime) but will definitely be watching the next series with the divine David Tennant.

Ecclestone annoys me. I mean, I'd shag him obviously, but as an actor I find him...too worthy.

marthamoo Sun 17-Apr-05 15:58:31

He has appalling table manners - CE, I mean.

snafu Sun 17-Apr-05 15:59:05

He does look like a bit of a slobberer.

marthamoo Sun 17-Apr-05 16:09:25

He holds his knife like a pen and talks with his mouth full - I ask you!

snafu Sun 17-Apr-05 16:20:08

Oh, vile. I hate bad table manners. Not sexy at all.

Sorry Chris, you've missed your chance with me, mate.

Peachyclair Sun 17-Apr-05 16:30:49

I saw David Tennant in Look back in Anger at Bath Royal six weeks ago. he awas fantastic. can't wait to see him as the dr.

Davros Sun 17-Apr-05 22:59:23

Marthamoo, agree so much about the big, gormless enthusiastic smile. A bit of variety darling please! Its a shame as he just does it toooo much. I love Dr Who, bearing in mind that it is (partly) for children. I also loved My Dad's The Primeminister, same age range I reckon.
Bring on David Tennant.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now