Talk

Advanced search

Do you still buy TV guides.....

(13 Posts)
dietstartstomorrow Thu 26-Feb-09 14:05:20

.... or just look at whats on online?

I have always subscribed to heat, but not bothering from now on, as it just annoys me now. Will really miss the TV guide bit now though.

gingerninja Thu 26-Feb-09 14:11:32

I'm a saddo and love the Radio Times blush couldn't be bothered to log on every time I want to check what's on.

NoBiggy Thu 26-Feb-09 14:12:39

Christmas radio times, and that's it.

The Saturday paper has the week's telly in, doesn't it?

dietstartstomorrow Thu 26-Feb-09 14:14:20

I never buy papers.

hannahsaunt Thu 26-Feb-09 14:17:39

We always have the current radio times.

Furball Thu 26-Feb-09 14:17:58

I get tv choice - only 40p

BurningBright Thu 26-Feb-09 16:18:00

I love the Radio Times. It is the only magazine I buy and read every week. I even do the sodding puzzles. Hardly watch any TV though. Apart from CBeebies. That's why I lurk here. When I do actually find a programme that I want to watch regularly I like to:

a. Find out who else is watching and what they think
b. Be able to catch up if I miss an episode.

But back to the Radio Times - I love it so much I would probably still buy it even if I didn't have a TV.

nettie Fri 27-Feb-09 10:49:57

Yes the Radio Times. The family I used to nanny for got it and when I left I missed it some much I started buying it. Love it, strange thing is hardly watch any tv!

bluebump Fri 27-Feb-09 10:57:27

We got the Radio Times on offer for ages and I am going to miss it when it finishes.

Does anyone remember when the Radio Times only told you what was on BBC 1&2 and the TV Times used to do ITV & Channel 4 until they both covered them all? Or did I imagine that?

nettie Fri 27-Feb-09 11:05:25

I remember that bluebump. By the way you can get the radio times on subscrtiption cheaply by using tesco voucherswink

gingerninja Fri 27-Feb-09 11:06:14

NO bluebump that was the case. I too love pottering through the radio times but don't watch that much telly. Funny isn't it. I was a little blush about admitting to buying it because, judging by the ads and the accompanying direct mail, it's largely read by the elderly! grin

bluebump Fri 27-Feb-09 11:13:45

Phew, I was right! I will look into getting it with Tesco vouchers as I like reading it now. I still go through it and ring what I want to watch like I did when I was little, only now I go through after and put it in my sky+ box!

wastingmyeducation Fri 27-Feb-09 11:16:05

I was thinking about getting the Radio Times, so I can plan what I want to watch instead of surfing repeats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now