Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anybody watching Trouble the Water on more 4?

(7 Posts)
brimfull Tue 24-Feb-09 23:40:26

quite amazing what the people of Mew Orleans went through,esp the rapper woman

ProfYaffle Wed 25-Feb-09 12:17:55

I watched it, didn't intend to watch it all but got sucked in and couldn't tear myself away.

I was shocked at how little support they got, 4 weeks down the line and dead bodies still in houses (was it that drunken guy she'd woken on the step btw?) And the stadium full of the elderly, infirm and children, basically those who were too weak and vulnerable to help themselves. Horrid.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 25-Feb-09 12:20:27

Oh I meant to watch this but had friends over, I hope it's on 4OD

brimfull Wed 25-Feb-09 14:17:38

yes it was the drunk guy she found dead

the govt came out appallingly and I do agree with her that if it had been a predominantly white area things would have been very different.

ProfYaffle Wed 25-Feb-09 14:35:32

Oh that's so sad. They did mumble a bit and I didn't catch what she said about him. When she woke him up on the step I said to dh 'she probably just saved his life' how ironic. Getting that drunk in a hurricane is not the best idea in the world though.

brimfull Wed 25-Feb-09 14:47:28

they were very difficult to understand weren't they?

ProfYaffle Wed 25-Feb-09 16:16:23

Yes, that was the only downside of the film. Made me feel like a right old gimmer going "Eh? What did they say??" every 5 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now