Talk

Advanced search

DH wants to know if anyone else saw Cerrie swear on breakfast TV this morning.

(31 Posts)
MrsTittleMouse Tue 24-Feb-09 10:33:59

Because apparently he was like this shock

It was an complete non-article about the stupid idiot on the other forum who thought that his daughter would be scared to see her arm before bedtime hmm and she was interviewed about it. DH said that the presenters told her that they had had lots of emails, none of them minding about her arm at all, but some of them saying that her singing wasn't great. And then she said that she was crap at singing!

scampadoodle Tue 24-Feb-09 11:23:36

But Poi was/is a crap singer too. I don't think it matters.

ItsThatFuckerSQUONKagain Tue 24-Feb-09 11:28:39

children don't care about the quality of the singing, they care about the effort put in!

What did she have to say about the stupid twunt bloke who said her disability would scare his kids?

nappyaddict Tue 24-Feb-09 11:30:39

I think crap is allowed isn't it?

itchyandscratchy Tue 24-Feb-09 11:32:26

So what are we saying here - she's slagged off by some idiots who think disabled people should be not seen and not heard and no she's also not allowed to say 'crap' on an adults' breakfast/news programme? Poor woman!

Yes would also like to hear what the bloke complaining had to say for himself

MrsTittleMouse Tue 24-Feb-09 11:36:05

I don't know exactly what she said, as DH was too busy telling me that she swore! From what I gather, everyone thought that the guy was a complete idiot (which obviously, he is) and that it had all blown out of proportion. Not sure how putting it on breakfast TV lets it blow over as the rubbish non-news that it is though. hmm

I wouldn't want my DDs saying "crap" - I thought that it was a pretty bad word to say - isn't it?

Gorionine Tue 24-Feb-09 11:37:05

Is "crap" really rude?

<<blush, did not know>>

SniffyHock Tue 24-Feb-09 11:39:01

I do think that 'crap' is unacceptable. I saw a piece about the complaints on my e-mail yesterday though and was shock It claimed there have been serveral complaints shock

nappyaddict Tue 24-Feb-09 11:47:01

Well they always say things like crap/bloody on loose women and soaps.

itchyandscratchy Tue 24-Feb-09 11:50:28

AS long as she's not using on Cbeebies (as in "Here's Spacepirates, which is a right old load of crap") then I wouldn't mind.

she wouldn't be wrong though

Babieseverywhere Tue 24-Feb-09 11:50:47

She did say 'crap' but who cares, think DH missed the point a little bit...he was menat to be horrified of her lack of arm wink

Cerrie came across really well actually, I liked her. Totally non story, my DD has either not noticed or not bothered about Cerrie's arm and I doubt any young child would bother unless it was pointed out in a bad way by an adult.

Ceolas Tue 24-Feb-09 13:24:15

Yes I did see it.

Not something I'd encourage my children to say, but not something that would shock me either.

TigerFeet Tue 24-Feb-09 13:29:16

My dd hasn't noticed either. She's sad that Chris and Pui have gone but that's about the extent of her shock and horror.

Wizzska Tue 24-Feb-09 16:32:35

I miss Chris and Pui. My main problem is that the two newbies are bland - I don't care how many arms they've got. I love Pui.

MrsTittleMouse Tue 24-Feb-09 18:29:27

I've just seen that 9 people have complained about Cerrie's arm! shock I've just sent an "appreciation" email about her via the website here. I bet their are thousands of parents who don't care a jot about her arm, or her singing (but who miss Hugo monkey ).

dontgive2shoites4daftpricks Tue 24-Feb-09 18:31:51

"the time has come, to say goodnight, this evening's tv is full of shite" not acceptable then??? wink

unfitmother Tue 24-Feb-09 18:33:18

I didn't hear her say 'crap' as I was so distressed by the sight of her arm. wink
I did see it come up on the subtitles and thought 'now she's for it!'

dontgive2shoites4daftpricks Tue 24-Feb-09 18:35:03

ooh imagine the quandry the subtitler was in, typing that one out grin

unfitmother Tue 24-Feb-09 18:37:33

They're usually pretty good at not censoring, I think - though what would I know? grin

dontgive2shoites4daftpricks Tue 24-Feb-09 18:39:52

I saw a newsreader say "cunt" by accident once (a persons name....) and the subtitler typed out the correct version....grin

unfitmother Tue 24-Feb-09 18:41:46

Brilliant!

PerArduaAdNauseum Tue 24-Feb-09 18:44:24

2shoes - trying to cover up a snigger so DS doesn't want to know what I'm reading grin

Dottoressa Tue 24-Feb-09 18:44:38

I was not impressed by her 'crap' (I heard it too). What's more, every one of her sentences included at least four 'y'know's, which I found almost as offensive.

squeaver Tue 24-Feb-09 18:46:33

I saw her and I must say the "crap" bit completely passed me by (must be so used to saying it myself). I thought she handled herself extremely well.

Funnily enough, dd actually commented on her missing hand today for the first time. She said, "she's got one hand but not another one". I would say the tone of her voice was "isn't that cool?".

I just said, "oh yes, so she has".

ramonaquimby Tue 24-Feb-09 18:46:52

crap was never a sweary word in canada where I grew up - used it in a class once and the kids were completely shocked! so was I

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now