loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did you watch Supernanny last night?

(79 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 07:42:39

What did you think of it?

huskygirl Wed 13-Apr-05 08:46:45

Yep i saw it, i felt sorry for the mother having to deal with his behaviour, she was so stressed, i understand why his behaviour ended up like that after nearly loosing him, i was upset by how angry she got with him at times, but had to smile at "little chef"

TracyK Wed 13-Apr-05 08:48:26

Oh you can understand how stressed she could get. But you could see she had to do something as the 2nd little one was starting to copy big brother.
I felt sorry for the baby - having his bottle of milk all while his mummy was screaming at the other kids.

beansontoast Wed 13-Apr-05 08:48:34

oh plops i missed it.

huskygirl Wed 13-Apr-05 08:52:10

Jo doing that impression of her!

Enid Wed 13-Apr-05 08:52:17

husband lazy bugger IMO, as soon as he helped a bit she felt sooooooo much better.

BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 08:55:48

I know the mum, can't believe how she was portrayed on there, she is horrible, very mouthy, abusive, the kind of person who likes fighting in the street and the hubby is worse than he is portrayed on there.

Enid Wed 13-Apr-05 08:57:12

can believe she is mouthy, I personally thought she was horrible to her kids

hermykne Wed 13-Apr-05 08:58:03

really bubbles? god i thought the woman was under huge stress with them.

BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 09:10:32

she is terrible and is known as phsyco clare round here. I don't like her and try and avoid her at all costs.

I thought the way she went to drag nat down the stairs by his ankles was terrible.

wild Wed 13-Apr-05 09:14:36

that screaming tho, those tantrums 24/7
it would try your patience

BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 09:15:46

She has always been highly strung, and when she had nat she said that she wouldn't have any more kids as one was enough.

BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 09:15:48

She has always been highly strung, and when she had nat she said that she wouldn't have any more kids as one was enough.

SoupDragon Wed 13-Apr-05 09:16:08

The husband was a useless tosser.

marthamoo Wed 13-Apr-05 09:18:57

I missed it. Was the behaviour not asseptable ?

wild Wed 13-Apr-05 09:20:22

5 year old with major screaming tantrums, younger brother beginning to take that route, baby. A challenge to say the least!

mummylonglegs Wed 13-Apr-05 09:20:34

Gosh, Bubbles, I'm really surprised to hear you say that because she didn't come across that badly in the programme. Although I was finding it odd that Jo kept going on about her controlling her temper yet they didn't show her losing it all that much so I wondered if there were a lot of things they weren't showing. You'll have to update us to let us know then if things really have changed since the filming!

tamum Wed 13-Apr-05 09:23:32

Oh marthamoo I'm so glad you said that- it's been driving me mad. I am on the verge of shouting at the television ACCEPTABLE!!!!

BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 09:23:52

To be honest, I don't know if it has improved as i haven't seen her in a while and we were never that pally, before she married she was seeing dh's best mate so thats how i know about her temper and her nickname.

SecondhandRose Wed 13-Apr-05 09:45:49

Oow, Bubbles, gossip from Supernanny - I love it. I thought it was nice to see a couple who are still happy together for a change. I think I would have been the same as her if I was having to cope with the three of them in that tiny space. The DH was a useless lump wasn't he? Did anyone notice how much the baby looked like the DH - definite mini me!

Yes the asseptable bit drives me mad too.

piffle Wed 13-Apr-05 09:48:57

the way she threw the baby down to force the 2yo back into his chair for his tea?
I'm sorry that was big temper loss.
About to drag Nat down the stairs by his legs?
She did lose it but then again with provocation like that even Mother Teres would have been hard pressed
Agree hubby was choc teapot though, affection, inability to show to his boys, so of course you get attitude back at you.
Hope it sorts them out though, it was a really good episode I thought. I identify as I have a temper like that, but have two angelic kids... thus far LOL

MaryP0p1 Wed 13-Apr-05 10:04:58

When Jo said 'ceptable I fell about giggling.

I knew I come onto MN for a reason Supernanny gossip.

Dalesgirl Wed 13-Apr-05 11:06:30

It made me cry, I could see shades of myself in that woman, snap temper-wise. I agree with those who thought she was a bit of a nutter. I love SN, it amazes me how much chocolate and crisps there is in these 'troublesome'households. I'm glad my ds doesn't watch it, he'd be complaining that he was hard done by on the chocolate stakes!!

I liked last weeks SN. The mum, bless her, what a wet rag, totally ineffective. Her house had the largest expanse of laminate flooring I have ever witnessed on national TV. Her kids were crazy, I wait for the day when my 4 year old says f* O** C* to me!! What joy.

It's a good programme, the book's not much cop though. It tells you what you really know, deep down, already. Admit it everyone, DISCIPLINE RULES, KIDS LOVE IT!!

Marina Wed 13-Apr-05 11:12:59

I missed the first series but really like this so far. It hits exactly the right spot between me learning quite a bit and being able to switch off at 10pm and think "maybe we're not doing so badly after all". The big thing for me has been renewed appreciation of dh, who is so hands-on compared to the dads on the series. I realise now how lucky ds and dd are...the dad who read his children a bedtime story for the first time and the eldest was five?
Not terribly surprised at your revelations Bubbles. Found the simmering rage quite scary. I think they did very well to turn it all around so effectively.

lilybird Wed 13-Apr-05 11:37:26

i missed the last 15 minutes of supernanny, can anyone fill me in.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now