Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else loving Grandpa in my Pocket?

(27 Posts)
wintera Sat 21-Feb-09 19:11:22

What a welcome addition to CBeebies this has been. We are loving it in our house!! grin

Marne Sat 21-Feb-09 19:14:19

We love it too grin

wintera Sat 21-Feb-09 19:16:50

On a purely shallow level, I really love the house and its decor! We've been planning to do our bedroom in a seaside theme for ages so am getting tips from this! grin

Bella73 Sat 21-Feb-09 19:21:16

We're actually watching this just now as she gets ready for bed (thank god for the watch again stuff on Virgin...). DD1 is obsessed with it (she's just turned 2). She loves everything about it and talks about it all the time, we have to high five and say "teamwork" all day long. I like it too - there's quite a lot there that must go way over her head but she's quite happy and a real life, non-animation series is quite a welcome change.

lottiejenkins Sat 21-Feb-09 19:51:08

My ds loves it! grin

Lindenlass Sat 21-Feb-09 19:54:43

yes love it! We don't have our tv connected to an aerial but DD1 discovered it on iplayer and they can't get enough of it grin Thankfully I enjoy it too.

I'm thinking of taking her to the library to look for some Mrs Pepperpot books as I think she'll enjoy them if she likes this smile

worley Sat 21-Feb-09 20:04:36

i keep meaning to look this up, we live 10 mins form where they film it, so want to show ds2 and then take him. am going to go look on iplayer now!

wintera Sat 21-Feb-09 20:19:58

Ooooh Worley, where is it filmed? It looks very nice indeed! grin

worley Sat 21-Feb-09 20:48:57

Southwold and AldeburghI live very close to southwold. they have the best fish and chips there! it's about £50k just to buy a beach hut though.
they filmed little britain there as well a few years ago, and quite a few other things. we go celeb spotting there[blush[

lottiejenkins Sat 21-Feb-09 20:55:34

Im not far from you then worley....we are in between Framlingham and Halesworth. We have quite a few celebs round here and there extended families...........

wintera Sat 21-Feb-09 21:07:08

Oooh looks very nice. Thanks for letting me know where its filmed, as I had been wondering. However, I know for a fact they have the best fish and chips in Whitby!! grin wink

lottiejenkins Sat 21-Feb-09 21:09:19

I love it when Grandad scampers off and says "Catch me if you can!" grin

Flutterbye Sat 21-Feb-09 22:13:21

Did you spot that Mister Maker was the bike shop customer Mr Likeabike or whatever he was called, and Lorna from Tikkabilla was on ther other day with a wig on. Also going to be Meera Syall and Rula Lenska (spelling?? I know). We love it and my dad (Grandad) put on his shrinking hat and had my 5 year old in fits!

MaggsS Sun 22-Feb-09 06:36:24

What a wonderful programme. We all love it here grin
So much better than some of the rubbish they put on and don't get me started on the new presentersangry

wintera Sun 22-Feb-09 10:29:52

Flutterbye - Yes we spotted Mr Maker too. And we were trying to think for days where we had seen the coffee shop owner before we realised it was Lorna from Tikkabilla! Rula Lenska was in the episode the other day where she was Princess someone or other. Not seen Meera Syall yet.

All the posts on here seem to be very positive anyway so that's good. We definitely love it here, my daughter wants it on all the time actually! We've had it on iplayer loads of times now. grin

worley Sun 22-Feb-09 17:11:32

sorry to hijack - hello lottiejenkins smile there doesnt seem to be many mn'ers round here, your the closest i have found then! Im near lowestoft. there are quite a few celebs here for some reason, i think its the peace and quite and many people dont seem to come this part of the woods, they tend to go to yarmouth hmm not my fave place! we go to the red lion a lot in southwold, reallt good for the children and lovely meals that aren't expensive either.

lottiejenkins Tue 24-Feb-09 16:12:37

We are in a small village and we have quite a few "slebs" round here, but i wont do a naming thing! I love living in Suffolk and wouldnt live anywhere else! We havent been to the beach for ages, have been to Dunwich before and to Sizell as we call it! wink

TooFoggy Wed 25-Feb-09 12:30:07

Love it! So do the DC

dontgive2shoites4daftpricks Wed 25-Feb-09 12:32:31

oh DS LOVES this. He wants one grin

Poledra Wed 25-Feb-09 12:38:42

DDs 1 and 2 (3 and 5 yo) love this! DD3 (7 mos) hasn't expressed much of an opinion...... grin

Highlander Wed 25-Feb-09 17:09:39

DS1 loves it. Although he nearly passed out at FIL's at the w/e when FIL put on a similiar cap.. wink

arcticlemming Wed 25-Feb-09 17:12:53

It has completely freaked my DD out and we have to turn it off immediately it comes on (she's normally completely bomb-proof). Mind you, the idea of miniature in-laws running about the place unseen makes me feel a bit anxious too...

funtimewincies Thu 26-Feb-09 11:51:48

DS (aged 2) loves it but it's a bit too twee with too much forced laughter not to set my teeth on edge. If I'd have had a sister like her I think that she'd have met with a nasty accident or two by now hmm.

But I'm willing to accept that I'm in the minority grin.

Lizzylou Thu 26-Feb-09 12:44:33

Big love for Grandpa in this house too grin

MaggsS Thu 26-Feb-09 13:53:40

We all watch it. 3 dc's , me and DH has been known to peep a look over his paper grin

It gives me a good excuse to sit down before the bedtime frenzy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now