Castaway 2000 Taransay - anyone see the update last year?(20 Posts)
Have just been reading the book from the original series, and know there was an update last year - which I missed. I've tried to googling it, but can't find anything about the characters, which makes me think a 'what happened next' type book might be out soon.
Did anyone see the update and if so, what happened to everyone?
I'm sure there was a programme about this over Christmas (my DH loved Castaway)
I loved it the first time round - I just wish I could find out what happened to them all.
I found one site that listed
What happened to the castaways of 2000...
Tanya Cheadle, 34
The camerawoman fell in love with Castaway's assistant director, Paul Overton. They married three years ago on Taransay beach and have a son, Tomas, nearly two, and another child due in May. The couple, who live in Glasgow, made a series about a children's hospital in Chicago.
Ron Copsey, 50
Castaway viewers remember Copsey burying his beloved border collie, Charlie, on the island. He successfully sued the BBC and Lion TV for portraying him as violent. Returned to a presenting job on Channel 5, then moved to Sussex. He is now a psychotherapist.
Ben Fogle, 33
The most famous Castaway, his TV career has flourished with presenting jobs including Animal Park, Countryfile One Man and His Dog and Crufts. Lives with his wife, Marina, 26, a party organiser, in Notting Hill, west London.
Peter Jowers, 59, and wife Sheila, 58
Travelled abroad, then returned to their home in the Forest of Dean, which they share with three other couples, though they reject the term 'commune'. Peter teaches politics and philosophy at the University of the West of England, Sheila runs classes in painting and pottery .
Philiy Page, 31
The Castaway milkmaid moved to London and resumed her career as a photojournalist for publications including the Guardian, Marie Claire and the Radio Times. Retrained as a teacher but 'decided it was the worst thing in the world'.
The old bloke who escaped lives in Spain with his wife.
Ermmm, Ben Fogle is on the telly loads so you probably know about him.
I did watch the program last year but can't really remember the rest of them!
Great - thanks both of you!
I've always quite liked the idea of living communally, but after reading the book again I've realised that it's probably Not A Good Idea - esp. if you have kids.
Another set of updates (include more people, but read as if they were only written a couple of years after the series)
* Sandy Colbeck, the blonde bombshell has now returned to her job as a lab technician in Fareham, Hampshire. Though she is looking to buy somthing out in the sticks and get self-sufficent.
* Hilary Freeman, quit a bit later on in the year because she missed her family. She is now back at work in Scarborough in a school.
* Julie Lowe, the undercover novelist back in London temping, while working on the next romantic blockbuster!
* Stephenson family (Roger, Hillary and the kids) went back to Devon to the practice where Roger works as a GP. Rosemary is caring for the new arival baby James, conceived on Taransay, while also teaching the 2 lads at home.
* Tanya Cheadle, was the official camera person has continued in her carer in TV and teamed up with the Castaway 2000 Director Paul Overton to work on a project in the USA.
* Philily Page, Padraigs love interest on Taransay. They are no longer together and she is a freelance photographer in London.
* Mike Laird, big Mike went back to work in pensions, though he has done a big walk in Alaska since Castaway and even auditioned for the other show Lion did, the Heat is On.
* Tammy Huff went on to find a carer in TV. Her and Toby landed a job hosting a kids TV program. She has also done a charity trip over to South America. Her and Toby are no longer together.
* Toby Waterman, with Tammy did a bit on TV.
* Ben Fogle, the Taransay heartthrob has managed to get quite a bit of TV work now. You can see him reguarly on Countryfile and Holiday.
* Trevor Kearon, the comic Scouser is now living in wedded bliss with Trish and her family on the Isle Of Mann.
* Trish Prater and Kids, living with Trevor and new baby (conceived on Taransay) Erin on the Isle of Mann.
* Peter and Sheila Jowers, after a stint traveling abroad they have returned to their comune in the New Forest.
* Liz Catherine and Dez Monks, after a trip to South America they returned to their jobs and are now living in one of the island Pods that they bought for �30 Grand, Bargin!
* Warren Latore and Monica Cooney and the Kid, went back to the East End of London. But I am told that they are looking to move back up to the Western Isles.
* Gordon and Carey family, after leaving the island amongst racist abuse claims, they are now back in Birmingham looking to move out to St Kitts in the Carribian.
* Ray Bowyer, the first to leave the island. The Mancunian returned to Manchester and still manages to get work opening Supermarkets and stuff.
* Ron Copsey, another leaver is now back in London continuing on his Psyotherapy course. He is also sueing the BBC and Lion TV for his experience on the project.
* Gwyneth and Patrick Murphy, moved back to Leyland in Lancashire. They are also looking to move back to the Western Isles.
* Padraig Nallen, now back in Dublin, split from Philly and studying to be a teacher.
* Julie, Colin and Natasha Corrigan, initially moved back to Cheltenham but then decided that rural self-suficency was for them and bought a smallholding in West Wales. Though they are now living in Essex and spending too much time on Facebook!
Tammy had married someone else and has kids/a baby, I remember that.
She no longer thought she was "Top totty"
Thanks for all of this! I take my hat of to your searching skills, P&L - I found nothing!
I've been searching for Castaway on DVD but can find nothing. Does anyone have this on video that they could lend to me etc.? I've been telling my daughter all about it and wanted to show her some of the programmes as she was very interested.
this thread popped up when i was looking through posts, i was actually on the show embarrassingly lol. I was the butcher colin corrigans daughter! still in contact with alot of the castaways but have lost contact with some.
well at the moment the carey's are in St.kitts in the caribbean and i am Yoneh Carey we are all good enjoying the hot sun
I loved this programme. Can't remember all the families though.
I can't believe it was 14 years ago. I absolutely loved that programme!
Wow, just seen this - amazing, a little castaway reunion here on mn!
Still no sign of a dvd release of the show, more's the pity.
I've just managed to find most of it on DVD, I'm so thrilled!
And the Return to Castaway also on DVD
I know this was a zombie thread that’s been commented on but it came up on google.
Am looking for this series on DVD and cannot find it anywhere - help!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.