Talk

Advanced search

Ed Mitchell: What happened next

(4 Posts)
unavailable Mon 26-Jan-09 21:34:00

Did anyone else see this and think - " I dont believe you have given up drinking?"

It just didnt ring true to me. He did not come across as a man who had gone through a profound life change.

I know its none of my business if he drinks or not, but the programme was on prime time tv, and I feel it was a bit of a con.

MauriceDancer Mon 26-Jan-09 21:35:47

hhhmmm, interesting. the thought also crossed my mind. he seemed so bluff and hearty about it all, just bish bosh, that's over for me. i felt his kids might have it right...

unavailable Mon 26-Jan-09 21:47:29

When I was a child I could tell if my dad had taken a drink almost as a matter of instinct. No-one else would have been able to tell, but anyone whose parent has a drink problem will recognise that feeling.

I think you are right Maurice, the childrens' reactions were very telling.

MauriceDancer Mon 26-Jan-09 21:59:44

they damned him with faint praise, i thought. poor kids. anyone i know whose parent drinks can tell too, practically from the second the parent picks up the phone. and where was the contact on christmas day? i thought that was interesitng.

thing is, though, alcoholics are such gifted liars, and he'll have needed to give them a success story. should be interesting to see what happens next...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now