Talk

Advanced search

Most Irritating Advert on TV

(49 Posts)
Spongebob Tue 05-Apr-05 13:29:38

Whats the advert that most makes you cringe on telly at the mo? Mine was "Barry Scott" and "Cilit Bang"...but now its that supper-thin mum that complains shes feeling a bit bloated...so she nicks her daughters yoghurts....whats yours?

laneydaye Tue 05-Apr-05 13:30:30

have you got the pot noodle horn.................
well well well.... aaarrrgggghhhhhh

tarantula Tue 05-Apr-05 13:31:08

that singing chicken ringtome thing grrrrrr hate it hate it hate it

sacha3taylor Tue 05-Apr-05 13:31:42

Calm down dear, it's a commercial!!!!

Esure and Micheal Winner AAAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

DillyDally Tue 05-Apr-05 13:35:31

any frickin DFS advert

BellaLasagne Tue 05-Apr-05 13:35:43

Sharon Osborne in Asda - grrrrrrrr

Spongebob Tue 05-Apr-05 13:37:23

God, yeah...Sharon Osborne in Asda, I forgot about that one! How believable eh? that she gives a s**t about saving tuppence on bog rolls.

sweetmonkey Tue 05-Apr-05 13:41:06

i hate the kwik fit adverts, withthose strange little characters with big heads going on about how great kf are.grrrrrrrrr. crap!!!
i noticed last night how many cack adverts are about at mo
lots!!!!!!!1

gingerbear Tue 05-Apr-05 13:48:57

accident claim / car insurance / get-out-of-debt-pay-us-a-fortune-loan-companies

Polly f**in Pocket

(Channel 5 and Nick jnr are worst offenders)

MamanFlo Tue 05-Apr-05 14:17:04

the pot noodle horn is absurd and awful to watch...

the twix one will raise a few eyebrows I am sure

But I LOOOOVE the Citroen C4 , with the robot, especially the music...does anyone knows where it comes from ?

Gwenick Tue 05-Apr-05 14:18:46

That 'final frontier' game advert (or whatever it's called) at the start and end of EVERY ad break when Star Trek Voyager is on

giraffeski Tue 05-Apr-05 14:38:57

Message withdrawn

huggybear Tue 05-Apr-05 14:40:48

the double glazing advert with that bloke who played reg holdsworth in corrie - it drives me mad!

SeaShells Tue 05-Apr-05 14:45:06

bev-kev-kev-bev-kev-bev.....arrrgghhh

donnie Tue 05-Apr-05 14:51:11

yep, shaz osbourne pretending she slums it in Asda like normal people without servants!also the michael winner esure ads - puke city!!!! but the ones I hate most are the loan shark ones where 'actors' ( term used loosely ) pretend they have been in terrible financial trouble until ' just one phone call to xxxx-a-loan and my life changed, and they were really nice'. They are on channel 4 and 5 during the day all the time!

donnie Tue 05-Apr-05 14:51:52

yep, shaz osbourne pretending she slums it in Asda like normal people without servants!also the michael winner esure ads - puke city!!!! but the ones I hate most are the loan shark ones where 'actors' ( term used loosely ) pretend they have been in terrible financial trouble until ' just one phone call to xxxx-a-loan and my life changed, and they were really nice'. They are on channel 4 and 5 during the day all the time!

donnie Tue 05-Apr-05 14:52:20

ps I would like to point out I watch daytime tv very sparingly.....!

hamster Tue 05-Apr-05 14:54:50

"You buy one you get one free....I say you buy one you get one free"
That really annoying double glazing advert with the dude with the beard and long hair, usually accompanied by a thick looking blonde girl in a red dress
.....know the ad I mean? ARRRRR

dyzzidi Tue 05-Apr-05 15:03:08

KFC all of the bloody things including the start of Ant & Decs Saturday Night takeaway

Miaou Wed 06-Apr-05 20:42:33

Just had to resurrect this thread to say that dh and I find the First Active adverts REALLY irritating - the mortgage ones where they shout out the window to "most people", find "they" in the forest and find "it" written on a wall...patronising and lame in the extreme!!

JanH Wed 06-Apr-05 20:46:48

DS1 and I really like the KFC one with the couple about to take the icecream upstairs and their kids looking at them in horror at the other end of the table.

sorry.....

Agree about most of the others mentioned though (esp M Winner and the mad people looking for finance on a country walk).

debs26 Wed 06-Apr-05 20:50:04

still cant buy werthers originals cos of the adverts (i must have been someone very special...). also that vanish ad where everything is pink. sooo crap but made worse by the fact that i thought the actress was brill in bad girls. and the neil/leslie homebase ads.

kelb6180 Wed 06-Apr-05 20:53:57

The advert that annoys me the most now is the
"Calm down dear its only a commercial"

and then they prolong the so not funny joke by sayin
"calm down dear it's only a mouse"

GRRRRRRRRRR

colditzmum Wed 06-Apr-05 21:05:51

That Goddamned chick.

I hate it.

It should have been put in a nugget weeks ago!

tweetyfish Wed 06-Apr-05 21:20:51

I have almost stopped watching Most Haunted I hate the "sponsored by blue yonder" woman and her scream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now