Talk

Advanced search

Hubby was asked to appear on Trisha!

(9 Posts)
Amanda3266 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:34:04

Haven't stopped giggling since I heard. He makes his living as a Henry VIIIth re-enactor and goes into schools doing Tudor days for KS2 age children. It's an interesting job and he thoroughly enjoys it.
So - the phone rings this morning and the conversation goes like this.

Caller: "Hello - could I speak to Mike"
Me: "Sorry - he's away until Wednesday"
Caller: Oh - well - this is the Trisha Goddard show and we were wondering if he'd be interested in appearing on a show we're doing about lookalikes"
Me: "Not sure - you can contact him on his mobile"

Later I get a call from hubby saying that he'd spoken to them and after further discussion they were a little disappointed that his lookalike status caused no friction. They apparently kept on and on - "what - she doesn't mind at all" Him : "No - in fact it pays the bills so she's delighted"
Them: "Oh I see - well - we're really looking for couples where there is real friction" (I just bet they were)

Best thing of all is that a few weeks back he found one of these sites that lets you know how "Chav" you are by asking a sereis of questions. One of which was "Have you ever appeared on the Trisha show or known anyone who has"?. Not only can he now say he was asked but, even better (sniggering emoticon) - he was rejected.
Fabulous

coppertop Mon 04-Apr-05 18:35:45

How on earth did they trace him in the first place?

Amanda3266 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:37:17

He's registered with a lookalike agency. He is a dead spit for Henry.

coppertop Mon 04-Apr-05 18:39:03

LOL! He'll be telling everyone now that he's being chased by TV companies.

snafu Mon 04-Apr-05 18:41:38

PMSL!

What kind of friction were they expecting? Arguments about his 5 former wives? Your fears about getting your head lopped off if you don't toe the line? His insistence on wearing a large codpiece at all times?

JanH Mon 04-Apr-05 18:43:11

Did they have any idea who Henry VIII was????

coppertop Mon 04-Apr-05 18:43:45

PMSL at snafu!

So, does he wear a codpiece?

Amanda3266 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:50:54

Yep - he has a codpiece. One of the questions he asks kids is "Does anyone know what this item of clothing is called and what it's for"?

Various answers follow along the "it's where you keep your willy" variety. Best answer ever though came from a little boy who'd obviously been doing some reading. His hand shot up and he said "It's called a c.. c.. c..." "Yes - go on" says hubby encouragingly.
"It's called a c.. c..c.. cockpit"!!

Well he was nearly right, bless"

coppertop Mon 04-Apr-05 18:55:46

Cockpit sounds like a much more fitting word.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now