Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OMG BLAME IT ON THE PARENTS WHAT ARE THEY LIKE?

(21 Posts)
giraffeski Thu 24-Mar-05 21:06:29

Message withdrawn

mrspink27 Thu 24-Mar-05 21:59:30

I'm still in shock from last week! and this week wasnt much better, i actually find it a really disttressing prog to watch, but somehow compelling viewing. do these parents actually think that this is "normal" and the same as going on in other households across the land... i guess as they are at a parenting group they must recognize that their may be a problem.... i find it really sad for those children... i am far from a perfect parent but i would love to think that my children would never be exposed to the instability and unpredictabilit of the lives of those families... how did they get to that point... how can they do that to themselves and their babies....? is there a way back for them... what does everyone else think....

aloha Thu 24-Mar-05 22:00:54

Vile, vile parents. shockingly ugly too! (not pc but you can't help but notice)

snafu Thu 24-Mar-05 22:04:23

I tried to watch the first episode of this and had to switch off halfway through. Too hard to watch. I take it that it hasn't got any better? What's happening with that Jennifer girl?

handlemecarefully Thu 24-Mar-05 22:05:46

When is this programme on and on what channel?

mrspink27 Thu 24-Mar-05 22:06:33

just missed it. bbc2 at 9-9.50 on a thursday

handlemecarefully Thu 24-Mar-05 22:10:18

Excellent - thanks Mrspink, I'll catch it next week

noddyholder Thu 24-Mar-05 22:13:52

that little girl with the bleeding foot i found it really distressing to watch

noddyholder Thu 24-Mar-05 22:14:34

Most of the parents' behaviour is totallt inappropriate the irish woman is out of control imo

mrspink27 Thu 24-Mar-05 22:18:41

last week, i think the worst bit was the mother/son punch up (the lady with the 3 boys) and todays episode was the couple with the 6 girls (inc Jennifer) and their total lack of control over themselves....and all those children stuck in the middle of it all.... probably only to grow up and carry on the cycle... feel like crying... feel i am so lucky!

noddyholder Thu 24-Mar-05 22:20:19

I think the woman with the 3 boys is so childish no wonder they all fight she is like an equal not a mother

nutcracker Thu 24-Mar-05 22:23:53

Sorry but had to pmsl at alhoas 'shockingly ugly too'

giraffeski Thu 24-Mar-05 22:46:37

Message withdrawn

goreousgirl Thu 24-Mar-05 23:21:15

I always watch programmes like this hoping to learn something - and can only watch aghast at what goes on in other peoples homes!

That teacher was right though - WE are the experts and WE can change the pattern - so wish I could!! I'm not talking physical you understand - just wish I could smile at dd more often and actually WANT to play the games she wants to play...

JoolsToo Thu 24-Mar-05 23:35:30

I've only seen snippets of this - the end of last week's programme went like this;

Dad to Mum 'how many times have I head-butted you?'

Mum to Dad: 'Yeah, but how many times have you come crawling back?'

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

hello? planet earth calling!

goreousgirl Thu 24-Mar-05 23:59:35

I love the bit where the dad comes in to help her kick the son out - poor bloke didn't know what the hell was going on with all the cameras there - SO embarassing -

And what about that poor child being told 'out the chair' from the older girl?? That kind of bullying must go on on a daily basis - what is she going to be like when she's married with kids? It's so so sad.

Mog Fri 25-Mar-05 09:45:47

I only watched this for the first time last night and the behaviour of the parents was unbelievable.
But I did feel for the Irish woman when she walked out of the training session. The two trainers (particularly the blonde one) come across as smug to me. Tanya on 'Little Angels' is much better at being on the parents side when giving advice.

noddyholder Fri 25-Mar-05 09:55:53

the irish woman behaves abominably around her children and takes no responsibility that I can see She got her family together at new year and they were all drunk bar the two tiny ones!She then said she didn't drink at the party but she was falling about everywhere!Her kids all smoked in front of her and she sets no example.The trainers were trying to help I think but as soo as it suggested she change her behaviour she walked out saying why can't the kids change!!!

Tinker Fri 01-Apr-05 11:43:30

Wish the counsellors could have seen the home video clips before each session. The vile shouty family didn't exactly give a very honest account of how horrible their rows were now did they?

expatinscotland Fri 01-Apr-05 11:44:59

I had to turn that off halfway into it. Their language made Gordon Ramsay's look like a school marm's.

ambrosia Sun 03-Apr-05 10:21:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now