Talk

Advanced search

does anyone NOT watch telly? like me?

(12 Posts)
nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 11:33:55

i dont ever watch telly, except river city, its too boring, or im too busy, or id rather read the paper

watch loads of dvds though!

anyone else the same?

mummytosteven Mon 21-Mar-05 11:35:18

me too. hardly anything good on - all DIY progs/cookery progs/reality TV.

am seriously considering not bothering to renew the licence this year.

moondog Mon 21-Mar-05 11:36:24

Haha!! Knew there was a reason why you're always on here!
Nah, can't be bothered with tv.Feels very lonely, esp with dh not around. Radio and computer much better company. Don't even watch dvds, but I love the cinema, when I get a chance. Not often though..

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 11:38:17

the radio can make me laugh way before the telly can

MD, im not always on here! huffily folds arms

SeaShells Mon 21-Mar-05 11:38:38

Me too. Hardly watch any TV, the odd drama, which I'll sit down specifically to watch but that's it. I'll watch dvd's and comedy series dvd's though with DP.

snafu Mon 21-Mar-05 11:38:52

I don't watch it if I'm on my own - agree it feels very lonely. I can't sit down and watch any old crap that I'm not really interested in (like I used to be able to!)

Lonelymum Mon 21-Mar-05 11:43:22

Haven't been watching it much lately. There just doesn't seem to be anything to inspire me. Am wondering if this is the next step on the slippery slope to becoming my mother? Years ago I became irritated by Top of the Pops and Radio 1 and started calling the music "noise" as my mother did when I was a teenager. Now she only wacthes TV very sparingly and I think I am going the same way!

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 11:45:58

i wish you could opt out of the license - we have sky and dh watches certain sports, and dd's like nick jr occasionally but thats about it.

i would much rather bbc just started adverts, so we didnt have to pay a license

muminlondon Mon 21-Mar-05 12:48:35

I watch it a bit in the evenings, but only if there's something good on - it's mostly boring old rubbish property programmes. I prefer the radio too. Maybe that's because I watched so much of it as a child and grew out of it

SeaShells Mon 21-Mar-05 12:57:15

Mostly all thats on in our house is videos and dvds, our ariel is abit knackered anyway so we hardly even get a good picture on the tv, and we can't even get ch5 so I don't see why we have to pay tv license, why do you have to get one if all you watch is videos and dvds?! I hate paying my tv license

milward Mon 21-Mar-05 13:09:12

I watch the apprentice, desparate housewives and a house in the sun?(called something like that it's on friday & is about families that move abroad & do up properties). Prefer to read, go on the internet & or have to do household tasks(such is life!!)

suedonim Mon 21-Mar-05 13:38:36

I hardly watch tv, there's little that appeals. I have my weekly dose of Desperate Housewives on Weds and Question Time & This Week on Thurs. I sometimes watch Channel 4 news. I rarely watch dvd's cos I have zilch concentration nowadays!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now