Talk

Advanced search

Who's enjoying Masterchef?

(18 Posts)
Tinker Tue 15-Mar-05 18:32:43

Must go because it's starting but am enjoying this. And, mmm, to John Torode

harrogatemum Tue 15-Mar-05 18:40:54

I love it - especially when they have no idea what the ingredients are!!! Makes me laugh, although half the time I dont have a bloody clue either!

Tinker Tue 15-Mar-05 19:13:40

They always edit it so it looks like they're going to give teh eventual winner teh boot. Caroline's simpering was getting on my nerves tonight.

TwoIfBySea Tue 15-Mar-05 21:18:12

It is quite good, not at all like the previous Masterchef in which I doubt many of these contestants would have gotten near. Some of them are quite annoying (I was so disappointed when Thomasina beat Scott a week or so back.)

Surprised and disappointed that most are blatant about wanting to be just a celebrity chef as opposed to starting as a chef and then becoming a celebrity.

Tinker Fri 18-Mar-05 14:57:59

Yes, teh ambition to be a "celebrity chef" is pretty naff. Have you noticed the way John Torode always turns his fork over to lick it after he's eaten?

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 15:18:20

We try to catch it - ds loves following it !! I wonder how hard they have had to try to get to that point - the standard seems pretty variable and one heat last week was quite pitiful. Bit dull when they all did a pasta and tomato sauce, love the ones who try to use all the ingredients and just create a mess.

Tinker Wed 23-Mar-05 15:39:42

John Torode so wants Mark (it is Mark isn't it?) to win, doesn't he?

DillyDally Wed 23-Mar-05 15:40:40

Give me Greg over John any day

LIZS Wed 23-Mar-05 15:42:18

Christopher just doesn't learn from his mistakes, does he ?

Tinker Wed 23-Mar-05 15:43:49

But he wants a Michelin star. Ooo, so arrogant. Can hardly understand Thomasina, doesn't quite enunciate properly

LIZS Wed 23-Mar-05 18:25:34

I don't get Thomasina - she seems bright enough but doesn't come across very well and doesn't do things that well. Mark is a bit rough and ready and Caroline lacks flair somehow, and think she'll go.

Tinker Fri 01-Apr-05 11:41:46

So, who's going to win then? Final tonight. I reckon Tommy.

sorrel Fri 01-Apr-05 11:44:24

Love it love it . Mark to win. he's just hilarious. can't be doing with caroline. Too anal.

LIZS Fri 01-Apr-05 11:45:54

Sadly I think it will be Tommy unless she completely cocks it up tonight. Can't say I've warmed to her though. Would prefer Mark but he lacked a bit of charisma on camera, no eye contact with audience. Caroline may be technically good (loved the look of her cappucino dessert, yum) but just don't think she has "it" in her (and she needs to decide what to do with her fringe !!).

Tinker Fri 01-Apr-05 11:48:59

I'm warming to Tommy so don't mind if she wins. Caroline is far too cold. John Torode still pushing for Mark though. Thought yesterday's task was pointless though. They are trying to be a Masterchef not a Celebrity Chef.

sorrel Fri 01-Apr-05 11:49:59

Tommy will probably get work on TV anyway. Mark is such a wildcard, but i like it that he learns so quickly. At the beginning he could barely make an omlette.he is good at adapting and just loves food. if i was choosing someone to work with i would choose Mark because he listens and has imagination too.

sorrel Fri 01-Apr-05 18:30:36

It's on Now!!!

TwoIfBySea Fri 01-Apr-05 21:06:44

I knew Thomasina would win, I reckon she must have known someone inside to have passed the quarter finals weeks ago. She does have a book coming out after all and didn't seem to doubt it at all. Such a disappointment, I wish I hadn't watched it all now!

Even technical Caroline would have deserved it more. I did think the food critics last week went more on accents and it was in all a very London bias show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now