MAKE ME A SUPERMODEL

(114 Posts)
biglips Mon 14-Mar-05 20:39:47

is on tonight on Channel 5 @ 22.00

Rachel Hunter is presenting the show

kama Mon 14-Mar-05 20:42:11

Message withdrawn

biglips Tue 15-Mar-05 09:46:30

did anyone watch it?... the girls were too skinny for my likings, even my DP said "yuck".. esp the long black hair one who had a attitude problem and she had a habit of pouting her lips all the time.. then she had hair chopped off to really short, i thought she was ugly as she had tiny eyes and big mouth like this =

fairyfly Tue 15-Mar-05 09:51:43

I thought the twins needed to stop arguing, that was ridiculous queeny behaviour

All very pretty though, just sullen as they pointed out, they all looked like rabbits infront of a cars headlights

TinyGang Tue 15-Mar-05 10:11:20

Don't like her Royal Highness Rachel Hunter much though!

Ok modelling is tough, but she seemed a downright spiteful old trout. I've never really thought of her as a Supermodel - rather just ex Mrs Rod Stewart with a rather odd face. Mieow!!

macwoozy Tue 15-Mar-05 10:17:58

Don't you think the girls were alot skinnier than the models that appeared on the American version?
Didn't they say that the girl with the piggy eyes, and attitude problem had a millionaire daddy, maybe that explains her attitude, possible spoilt? Or am I just incredibly jealous

northerner Tue 15-Mar-05 10:19:43

Yeah I watched this as I am addicted to the American one.

Thought Rachel Hunter and her gang were quite harsh with their criticisms though.

I agree with tinygang - never thought of Rachel Hunter as a supermodel though. She's nothing spesh IMO.

TinyGang Tue 15-Mar-05 10:28:55

And the chap doing the photography..did I hear them say he used to be a model too?!

God, he looked like Plug off the Bash Street Kids. I must've misheard.

Seems to be a truly horrible and unkind business to be in. 'Spect I'll keep watching though!

macwoozy Tue 15-Mar-05 10:31:06

I thought I'd misheard that too

northerner Tue 15-Mar-05 10:33:59

Aren't all the girls just so dramatic though? Like the one who was hyper ventilating cause soemone mentioned eating McDonalds instead of salad.

And crying because they had to chuck their clothes in a skip. Would have prefferred to have seen them donating to a charity shop though.

kama Tue 15-Mar-05 15:14:58

Message withdrawn

TwoIfBySea Tue 15-Mar-05 21:21:03

I am so peeved I missed this as I am a big fan of America's Next Top Model. Agree on Rachel Hunter though, wouldn't someone like Kate Moss have been better? With the success of Tyra's show you would think models would be falling over their skinny selves to present it.

biglips Wed 16-Mar-05 11:07:37

urrgghhh !! Kate Moss... nnoooo ! About 5 years ago, my bro went to a Oasis concert and Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell were there and bro said they were gross in real life.. bro does goes for skinny girls but bro said that these two were bag of bones

northerner Wed 16-Mar-05 11:37:06

I'm not into Kate either. I find it fascinating though how rough they can look with no make up and bad hair etc, but in pro photo's they look amazing.

TinyGang Wed 16-Mar-05 11:50:46

Yes, I've noticed that too northener.

Working on that basis I have great potential as a supermodel, especially on the dash to school in the morning.

I don't really get the hype around Kate either -I've always thought along the lines of Linda Evangelista or Christy Turlington when it comes to totally gorgeous.

northerner Wed 16-Mar-05 11:59:10

Ooh yes - Christy is classically beautiful, as is Cindy C, Claudia and Helena. Back in those days models at least had womenly curves.

macwoozy Wed 16-Mar-05 16:33:56

Just to let you know, if you don't already, that there is another episode on tonight, around 11ish.

TinyGang Thu 17-Mar-05 10:59:42

Stayed up again for this - far too late for me!

Anyone else? The twins are coming over as very down to earth - I like their attitude (or at least the one telling Jasmine a few home truths. It's very hard to tell them apart!) The photo of them together in bikinis was fantastic I thought.

Can't remember the name of the one who eats salad all the time and breaks down a lot - she is lovely but emotionally a bit er, fragile for all this, perhaps? Could be the winner though if she toughens up a bit, I thought.

northerner Thu 17-Mar-05 12:07:53

I'm gutted - I didn't realise this was on

GhostofNatt Thu 17-Mar-05 12:26:45

Missed it - who got kicked out?

TinyGang Thu 17-Mar-05 12:49:51

It was between Jasmine (bad attitude and upsetting the others) and oh, I don't know her name (longish brown hair, pretty but not photographing too well, apparantly). So they went on the looks and chucked out the other girl, but I think Jasmine is on borrowed time unless she bucks her ideas up.

Jasmine is not very popular in the house and winds everyone up. One of the twins told her to change her attitude. Oh, and we didn't see it but, she had a go at the girl who eats lots of salad (told her to F* off or something) so the salad girl started to get all hyper about it - short hiccupy breaths again etc.

The girls were asked to pose nude for a life drawing class but could refuse if they wanted. This was supposedly to make them feel confident about their bodies. Some did it, but some refused and it was a bit of a black mark against you if you said no. One twin did it and the other didn't, so not sure where that left them as they are seen as a 'package'.

They also had their first assignment. They were split into 2 groups - those that had refused the nude life drawing class had the grotty job of modelling bikinis in the freezing cold and the other group were indoors doing a weird shoot dressed as pirates(?). Surprisingly though the outside shoot seemed the better humoured of the two (no Jasmine stirring it up) and went really well.

Rachel Hunter wasn't quite so snooty this time, even quite complimentary about one of the girls.

It's on again Friday at 10.00ish, so not so late. I appear to be hooked.

noddyholder Thu 17-Mar-05 12:51:30

The littlmoany one is so annoying and yes she has v rich daddy Love the twins and the blonde girl who loves Jordan!

TinyGang Thu 17-Mar-05 12:55:22

Yeah, it was so funny when that girl told Rachel she admired Jordan. Rachel's face was a picture

northerner Thu 17-Mar-05 12:56:53

Excited it's on tommorrow again. Didn't realise is was a thrice weekly thing - thought it was on once a week.

American Idol and make me a supermodel in one night - fab.

<Yes I'm sad >

GhostofNatt Thu 17-Mar-05 14:03:50

Not the sweet ones with specs(kicked out i mean)? who had her hair cut in a bob and looked amazing in first photos? or was it the biglip ballet dancer? or someone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now