Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching the American Question time.

(12 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 22:53:00

It is quite bizzare lots of shouting and whooping. One American man thought the Ubited States was the most loved nation in the world hmm and he got a real ticking off from Simon Shama.

ilovemydog Thu 30-Oct-08 22:54:48

Not watching, but isn't Elizabeth Edwards on it?

MintChocAddict Thu 30-Oct-08 22:56:05

Just turned it over. Thanks for the reminder. grin
Was a bit caught up in Newsnight where presenter was talking about the Queen's pussy. I kid you not.
This all seems quite normal compared to that!! wink

squeakypop Thu 30-Oct-08 22:56:55

Watching it now. Fascinating.

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 22:57:40

I know election is wrng the corner but they just can;t stop having digs at each other.

FattipuffsandThinnifers Thu 30-Oct-08 22:58:34

Yes, certainly lots of whooping and yelping isn't there. A highbrow Oprah show. Funny that Simon Schama is on it though, can't remember ever seeing him on UK version - wonder if US folk see him as representative of the UK??

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 22:59:24

ilovemydog yes she is.

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 23:00:08

Simon Schama is doing that American programme and I think he has a post at a uni out there

yama Thu 30-Oct-08 23:00:27

Just turned over.

Who's the Brit in the green tie who seemed to be saying that America was great as they are going to elect an immigrant and we in Britain wouldn't (or did I misunderstand his sentiment?).

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 23:00:42

Does anyone else keep expecting to see Cherie blair?

TwoIfBySea Sat 01-Nov-08 13:05:27

The blonde woman was annoying in how she kept butting in and shouting over everyone.

But I did like how Simon Schama shut up the American man by calling him a "blowhard."

JoolsToo Sat 01-Nov-08 13:14:35

it was a bit of a free for all!

unruly lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now