Talk

Advanced search

wtf was going on in eastenders tonight?

(21 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 28-Oct-08 23:08:09

i only switched on in time for the last 5 mins and some bloke was giving Jack a gun to get rid of.. what's happened?

colacubes Wed 29-Oct-08 00:44:40

He was the police man who was in charge of the investigation of the shooting at max's. He had released Jack because there was no evidence apart from crazy max! Anyway, one of Biancas ferrel kids, morgan, found the gun in the square and the plod happened to be there and he took it. He then texts jack and tells him to meet him. Jack turns up thinking its max but its the plod, and the dodgy plod is saying, "good cop or bad cop, as long as it gets the right result", and then gives him the gun and tells him to "get rid of it!" Dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum!

nappyaddict Wed 29-Oct-08 01:36:00

Eh but why did he give him the gun? i don't get it!

RamblingRosa Wed 29-Oct-08 08:38:23

I didn't get it either. I was following it right up to that point but then got really confused. Why would PC Plod give gun back to Jack? Am I right in thinking that it didn't have Jack's prints on it any more because silly Suzie (BTW, has anyone noticed how she only ever wears those weird zip-up front dresses in a variety of colours and she acts like she's coming on to everyone, including her brothers and poor old Jim?!) wiped it clean when she found it.
Surely the clean gun was further evidence that Max had made it all up so I don't get why the copper gave it back to Jack.

shinyshoes Wed 29-Oct-08 09:03:40

Perhaps he's a bit of a dodgy cop and Jack then 'owes' him and wants Jack to get into some sort of dodgy dealings with him. Informing perchance? Just a guess.

RamblingRosa Wed 29-Oct-08 10:18:10

But why would Jack want the gun back if his prints aren't on it? Oh, I suppose he doesn't know that his prints aren't on it. The copper must know that Jack's prints aren't on it though. I'm totally confused.

ledodgy Wed 29-Oct-08 10:20:31

Max dies on Thursday doesn't he?

RamblingRosa Wed 29-Oct-08 10:22:49

Does he definitely? I'm gutted. I secretly lurve him.
I wonder if it'll be a Halloween special and they'll do it as a who dunnit with someone in fancy dress pulling the trigger. Could be Bradley (drunk and angry), Tania (angry), Jack (angry)...can't think of any more but there must be plenty of people who hate him.

ledodgy Wed 29-Oct-08 10:24:35

Oh I don't know I think he gets run over or somethign i'm just going by the advert.

thumblesswitch Wed 29-Oct-08 10:27:13

<Wail!>
I can't believe after all this time of hating Max and wanting someone to kill him I am not going to be in the bloody country when it happens and will miss it!!! DAMNDAMNDAMN!
And BBCiplayer doesn't work in Oz. BLAST!
sad

ledodgy Wed 29-Oct-08 10:28:30

I'm not sure if he actually dies or not.

freshprincess Wed 29-Oct-08 10:35:33

Aren't Jack's prints on the gun (Max tricked him into holding it saying it was Suzy's??)

My interpretation is that the police man knew that Max was lying but also knew that Jack's prints were on the gun (Jack said as much in his interview). so he gave the gun to Jack to get rid of.

wtf: with Suzy, she flirts with Max constatnly. Bit disappointed with her (she was excellent in shameless)

freshprincess Wed 29-Oct-08 10:36:38

...and the policeman wouldn't know that Suzy wiped the gun - just that Jack said his prints were on it.

LynetteScavo Wed 29-Oct-08 10:39:59

I'm with freshprincess...but will Jack drop the gun in the canal?

RamblingRosa Wed 29-Oct-08 10:53:21

Freshprincess, I agree Suzy was great in shameless but plain odd in 'stenders. She seems to be in permanent breathy, flirty, sex-pot mode even when she's talking to Bradley or little Ben! And wtf went on with her and Peggy's dodgy bloke?

As I remember it, Max had a clever plan to get Jack's prints on the gun a few weeks/months back. Suzy then scuppered the plan by finding the gun and giving it a good clean! Max has been gutted about it ever since and, now he's found out about the move to France, has gone a bit crazy and desperate and tried to pin a firearms possession charge on Jake (by shooting up his own house hmm) without actually giving the police the gun (cos it doesn't have any prints on it anymore...so he dumped it in the bushes in the square...genius).

I'm confused though so I could have missed something....

Who will I fancy now if Max dies?

freshprincess Wed 29-Oct-08 10:58:20

mmm, Ok wth the OP now - I didn't realise that Max knew that Jack's prints weren't on the gun anymore!! Why would Max want the gun to be found then?

RamblingRosa Wed 29-Oct-08 11:05:36

Don't think Max did want the gun to be found. He looked gutted when he saw it was gone. I think he dumped it temporarily, hoping to go back and get it when the police had cleared off (so it wouldn't be found if they searched his house).

Still don't get why dodgy copper gave gun back to Jack though.

Jack's quite handsome in a Hollywood, square jawed sort of way isn't he?

freshprincess Wed 29-Oct-08 11:42:50

RR - that makes sense...
Under a bush in the middle of the square (top hiding place Max!)

Didn't the police man say along the lines of 'doesn't matter what you do so long as you get the right result' ie he knew Max was lying so didn't want Jack getting arrested, but giving him the evidence was wrong.

Why he would want to do Jack any favours though wasn't really explained.

RamblingRosa Wed 29-Oct-08 11:45:33

DP reckons he was saying "you're a dodgy copper, I'm a dodgy copper, let's stick together". I wasn't so sure. Hopefully all will become clear tomorrow. I wonder if it's got any info on the 'stenders site.

freshprincess Wed 29-Oct-08 11:49:43

From the BBC website:

Jack receives a mystery call and heads out to a dark alleyway. DI Turner appears. He's knows about Jack's past in the force and recognises a kindred spirit. He hands him Max's gun and asks him to dispose of it.

nappyaddict Thu 30-Oct-08 22:19:41

I think the one who gave jack the gun back used to be a good friend of his?

Crap ending though. It was ok the first time I saw it in corrie. Bit boring the 2nd time round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now