Talk

Advanced search

Embarrassing Teenage Bodies

(17 Posts)
expatinscotland Tue 28-Oct-08 21:15:26

why on EARTH is the mother still washing all the wet bed sheets for her teen and adult sons?!

WTF?!

Libra1975 Tue 28-Oct-08 21:18:44

I think the fact they want to talk about it on national tv even more mind-boggling.

expatinscotland Tue 28-Oct-08 21:20:03

especially when teh doc cornered them immediately and found out they'd not been consistent with their treatments.

they're well old enough to be looking after this themselves.

and doing their own laundry.

poshtottie Tue 28-Oct-08 21:48:59

OMG that tummy tuck. shock

expatinscotland Tue 28-Oct-08 21:49:49

fuck me! that tuck was extensive!

RottenOtter Tue 28-Oct-08 21:49:51

i dont think these young girls should be allowed to have these procedures

bigTillyMint Wed 29-Oct-08 10:19:17

shockshockshock

I didn't see the end - did they sort the boys out or is it on tonight? I can't believe they were prepared to go on national TV.

I had always been quite embarrassed by my stretch marks, but after seeing that and Saint Gok, I realise I have nothing to worry about.

nailpolish Wed 29-Oct-08 10:29:41

i found this interesting-

on that prog a 19yr old who had a tummy tuck and said she would never ever ever have another child because she wanted a flat stomach

then i watched Gok's miss naked beauty and there was a woman with a saggy tum after having a baby - she waasnt too fond of it but didnt mind and said "its not as if id swap my beautiful daughter for a flat stomach"

makes ya think, hmm?

maybe the first mother should have watched the second programme

expatinscotland Wed 29-Oct-08 11:18:17

it doesn't appear that poor girl was offered any counselling before undergoing such an extensive op!

sad

mosschops30 Wed 29-Oct-08 11:23:04

They didnt show if she had counselling or not, so I dont think we can assume that she didnt.
Its sad that she didnt explore other options (she wasnt the fittest looking girl) maybe some exercise and better diet might have improved it, although dont think it was reversible. I imagine that having a stomach like that at 19 years old must be pretty shocking for her, I can kind of understand why she felt like that.

What was with the woman and all the sheets, hasnt she heard of plastic mattress covers, she looked like she was just layering 40 sheets on the bed to catch the wee. And yes agree at 22 and 18 they should be doing their own washing!

spookycharlotte121 Wed 29-Oct-08 21:05:27

This show makes me cringe!!!

MumRum Sat 01-Nov-08 12:11:54

wow... I nearly spat my hot chocolate over the bed whilst watching this...
why would they be too embarressed to show their doctor.. but then show the nation...
did you see the girl with the labia... bless her....

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Sat 01-Nov-08 12:18:41

I agree with people not having tummy tucks done - it's part of having children. You know there is a chance that that will happen to your baby if you have children, so if you're that against having a saggy tummy, then don't get pregnant!

I have a saggy belly and stretchmarks like a tractor drove over me - but every one of those stretchmarks was there for a reason - and that reason (or reasons) are the best things in my life (along with DH). I just wish other people would accept the fact that bodies change after having children, and learn to live with it.

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Sat 01-Nov-08 12:20:27

*sorry I meant to say "You know there is a chance that that will happen to your body if you have children"
not baby
I should preview before posting!

GreenMonkies Sat 01-Nov-08 12:29:23

I watched this like a train wreck, I didn't want to see any of it, but I just couldn't stop myself!!

There were several cases that I felt were a bit dubious. Particularly the girl with the labia, ok, so it was a bit dangly, but it wouldn't have looked nearly so bad if she didn't strip herself bald. Has no-one pointed out to her that fanjos are meant to be a but fuzzy, only pre-pubescent girls should have no hair!! I felt she had some serious ishoos with her body, and would have benefited from some counselling, to make her more accepting of her body and less obsessed with keeping her fanjo clean. What are the implications on childbirth of that kind of scar tissue? Will her surgically trimmed labia stretch when she has a baby or will she need several episiotomies?

And the girls with the post baby bodies, well, I think they could have done with a personal trainer and a dietitian before they went for surgery. But I really felt for the girl with the badly stitched tear, poor thing. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!

And yes, why, if you are too embaressed to go to your own GP about this stuff would you show it off on national telly??????? shock

GreenMonkies Sat 01-Nov-08 12:31:09

Oh yes, the bedwetting boys, um, waterproof pants? Seriously, and make them strip and wash thier own sheets, that might be the psychological nudge they need to help them stay dry all night!

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Sat 01-Nov-08 12:33:13

to me it's like some people will do anything for 15mins fame! Hate the programme, but if it helps people to pluck up the courage to go to their gp, then i suppose its a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now