Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please: Sky-plus and no idea what to record...

(8 Posts)
SugarGlider Mon 27-Oct-08 21:55:45

Have had Sky-plus for months and make so little use of it, as I just don't know what to bother to record. I am partial to black comedy, period dramas, excellent documentaries. What are your guilty pleasures?

gallusbesom Mon 27-Oct-08 21:59:00

our guilty pleasure is prison documentaries - america's hardest jails etc! good to record and watch when there is nothing on. We also have some 'watch everytime they are on' films (marie antoniette (sp?), Toy story 2, Frankie & Johnny)

Have a flick at the stuff which is on at say, 2 am, I'm sure you will find something oh and remember use the Series Link which will record the prog every time its on.

lilymolly Mon 27-Oct-08 22:01:05

Series Link:
Judge Judy grin
X factor
ER
Wire in the blood

record programmes and start watching them 15 mins into them- you can then fast forward thru all the adverts grin

Northumberlandlass Tue 28-Oct-08 13:07:45

Series Linked:

Merlin
Bones
Heroes
Stargate Atlantis
Fringe
The Sancturay
Cold Case
Little Dorrit

Also record any childrens films over the weekend.

I also record any rugby union that is on SS (as I'm hapy to watch any chunky thighs)

mum2oneloudbaby Tue 28-Oct-08 13:36:36

since discovering sky plus we never watch anything when it is on shock

we series link everything we watch and then watch at our leisure

now we have sky anytime button our box is always full of films and unusual documentaries that we wouldn't trawl through to find

CharleeInChains Tue 28-Oct-08 13:37:52

I have 78 series of Two Pint of Lager and a Packet of Crisps on my Sky + along with copius amount of Jamie Oliver, WWE Wrestling, River Cpttage and Gordon Ramsay.

CharleeInChains Tue 28-Oct-08 13:38:16

Not 78 obviously as they didn't make 78 but just 7. blush

SugarGlider Tue 28-Oct-08 17:53:35

A friend has discovered - and is trying to sell me on - Ice Road Truckers. Meanwhile, I am getting into the series about the UK and Australian border police, but I am too ashamed to record it...

Has anyone discovered a good online TV guide? I find it impossible to make my way through the A-Z listing, but don't want to have to buy a magazine ... but the Sky mag seems pretty hopeless...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now