Talk

Advanced search

Sunset Beach - now in the wee small hours

(11 Posts)
CathB2 Wed 09-Mar-05 10:10:27

Oh no!! At first I thought it had just disappeared for half term but DH then spotted it in the small hours (3.45 am Friday and Saturday). I guess that means that Channel 5 wont be getting any more .
I love the Beach its the silliest thing on the telly by a long way IMO. Well i guess that is what videos are for- for now at least

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 09-Mar-05 10:24:36

Channel 5 should have it in their archives because I watched this when I was pregnant with DD2. Is it a repeat of what was shown last term? I'm sure that one of the announcers said something about an end of season finale, so hopefully it is just a break. There is so much more to see, but when it does eventually end, in true SB fashion, it wasn't because people didn't try to save it. I remember going onto a Sunset Beach website and there were petitions everywhere.

sweetmonkey Wed 09-Mar-05 10:32:31

channel 5 have taken it off daytime tvbecause of low ratings. i phoned up and asked as i love the show because it is just great, bad acting but beautiful people, well most. and it was all so OTT
they told me it would prob be put on late at night or v early morning so i guess this is its new spot
better get the vid ready

CathB2 Wed 09-Mar-05 10:37:02

Its sounds as though its continuing the series as according to the Radio Times the latest one involves Olivia's pregnancy test (her testing kit, which Caitlin failed to see, was the size of bicycle pump but I digress..). Have not watched the video yet though so not completely sure. Hopefully the rating for the uninteresting films they are showing will be worse and the Beach will be restored...

We contacted Channel 5 when they started to repeat it and they only had a years repeats "to see how it goes" which means no zombies, evil twins or earthquakes.

sweetmonkey Wed 09-Mar-05 10:38:36

we still have the baby abduction , the gorgeous father antonio, the ship , the curse , bens twin derek , maria coming back , vanessa and the strange disease thing etc. THEY MUST PUT IT ON at a decent time again,
i apologise for this but you ve got me thinking about it now.
i think we should start our own petition

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 11-Mar-05 12:37:17

apparently it takes about 100 complaints for them to take things seriously. So, anyone got the address and then we can complain that it has vanished

sweetmonkey Fri 11-Mar-05 12:39:45

think its on channel 5 website are there 100 of us sb lovers out there though?

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 11-Mar-05 12:42:20

Yes, even if I have to write individual letters from Me, DH and the 5 kids lol

sweetmonkey Fri 11-Mar-05 12:46:25

hopefully this will help

If you have a specific enquiry about a Five programme or wish to make a comment about Five in general, please call Customer Services on:

08457 050505 (calls are charged at local rate)

Alternatively, write to them at: Customer Services Five 22 Long Acre London WC2E 9LY

customerservices@five.tv

sweetmonkey Fri 11-Mar-05 13:03:43

bump

CathB2 Tue 15-Mar-05 14:12:05

Will be phoning to complain as keep forgeting to set the video... Serious blow to my quality of life!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now