Talk

Advanced search

Coronation Street- if you were Katie's mum would you dob her in?

(16 Posts)
handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 10:57:32

I don't find this story line very believable. Much as I love my own dd if she killed her own father (okay - a tad unlikely at 2.7 - but hypothetically in the future), I would turn her in to the police. After all it would be her father and my husband. Also better for the dd's long term mental health to 'do the time' rather than live with a life time guilty secret. I would of course visit regularly whilst she was in Pentonville!, and help her rebuild her life when she is released....

What would you do?

Potty1 Tue 08-Mar-05 11:08:26

I'd probably fib, say I was a witness and that she killed him in self defence - which is what the Eastenders girls should have done too. That's not good telly though is it

whimsy Tue 08-Mar-05 11:11:22

Agree with Potty1, I'd say it was self defence if he was a pig like Tommy. If however it was unprovoked I'd shop her

Potty1 Tue 08-Mar-05 11:13:55

Perhaps they should bury him on the Red Rec! Or under Bethany's new sand pit!

whimsy Tue 08-Mar-05 11:16:48

milge Tue 08-Mar-05 11:17:47

If my daughters hair was as awful as Katie's, then yes i would...

bundle Tue 08-Mar-05 11:17:56

if i was katie's mum i would
a) have had her adopted and
b) left that thug of a husband years ago
c) gone to goth gigs with son, as he's the only interesting, non-whiny person in the whole family

sobernow Tue 08-Mar-05 11:18:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sponge Tue 08-Mar-05 11:20:29

Hard to argue self defence for a wrench to the back of the noggin though - don't you watch CSI? They'd be able to tell the angle of the blow, that he was bending over, back to her etc.
Could argue provocation but that's a mitigating circumstance not a defence - so she would probably only get done for manslaughter but wouldn't get off.
Still, Ange is unlikely to know that. I'd probably encourage her to go to the police and then give her as much support as possible to try and get her off or ensure a light sentence, but mostly because I'd be sure she'd be found out in the end and couldn't live always looking over my shoulder on top of everyhting else.
Anyway she's an annoying, whiny thing who says little else apart from "I'm sooooo sorry" every week. Bang her up.

bundle Tue 08-Mar-05 11:23:56

should she just "dob" her in for bad acting then...

Potty1 Tue 08-Mar-05 11:24:13

Ooo yes milge - those pigtails - she deserves to be locked up by the style police!

bundle Tue 08-Mar-05 11:24:29

sobernow, you are right, craig is v good

sobernow Tue 08-Mar-05 11:26:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gobbledigook Tue 08-Mar-05 11:52:11

I think no I wouldn't. DH told me last night that if one of our boys killed him in that way (i.e. in rage but not intentionally) he'd want me to protect them! It would be difficult but I think I would protect them if it was an accident.

Thought Lucy Jo's acting was shocking actually (terrible!) and how obvious was her guilt!?

Caligula Tue 08-Mar-05 11:54:26

Yeah, I'd hit her with the wrench and leave both dead bodies in the garage for Kevin to find. Then go and self-actualise somewhere, with the Goth.

lucykatie Tue 08-Mar-05 16:31:15

lock em all up and throw away he key.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now