Talk

Advanced search

OMG DD 14 is watching Katy and Peter

(9 Posts)
witcheseve Sun 12-Oct-08 21:46:01

A couple of her friends watch it her dad's wife watches it. How can anyone want to watch it and how do I tell her that for once in her life I want to censor something. Is there any educational content to this invasive drivel?

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Sun 12-Oct-08 21:48:20

none what so ever, but eastenders is worse i feel

Saturn74 Sun 12-Oct-08 21:50:04

It's like over-priced visually-offensive wallpaper.

witcheseve Sun 12-Oct-08 21:50:57

I'm catching bits of it and am hmm. I said she could carry on watching it as long as she realises that they have more money than sense and that all she has to sell is her image. DD told me to shut it!

Don't watch Enders. We cannot stand it.

GinaTonic Sun 12-Oct-08 22:22:12

I found this weeks episode about her having more plastic surgery just 3 months ater the last lot, disturbing to say the least.
It was quite upsetting to see her so insecure in her appearance and emotionally vulnerable.
Even her dentist and plastic surgeon were shocked at how much weight she'd dropped in a short space of time and that she was back for replacement(larger)implants so soon.
I was for her, and Pete for having to watch her go through it and powerless to stop her.

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Sun 12-Oct-08 22:27:03

Im watching this online, she is very insecure, its sad actually, but they are a lovely family.

witcheseve Sun 12-Oct-08 22:28:25

I found it very disturbing. She is a very pretty girl but looked emancipated on this episode. It's a sad reflection on society today that this stuff make popular viewing. I cannot have much sympathy for either of them. If they didn't let the cameras into their lives then they won't make any money.

MatBackFeck Mon 13-Oct-08 10:25:32

I have always had mixed feelings about them - clearly there is a lot to be shock at but I have always found them a bit less horrific than the others of that ilk - Jade Goody, KK etc. I know they sell their lives and their children's lives for money but they always seemed to have a tad more self-awareness and a sense of humour at least. The program used to be quite amusing to watch sometimes and they did come across as genuine and fairly likeable - Peter particularly.

Recently though it seems to have got more and more distasteful - we know they have loads of money when most other people are worried about providing for their famillies but she has really been going on about it in the program which I think is pretty crass. It culminated in this last episode for me which I found very, very hard to watch. WHY would you let them film you being sedated like that? I really felt sorry for Peter - I think it really hurt him that her last thought before going under was be nice to me in the papers not take care of the kids. And why would you do all that to yourself in one week - leaving your kids at home begging you not to go? Don't they have plastic surgeons here?

What a shame, they seem to have so much going for them but that did not seem healthy to me. I think I will stop watching it as it really did feel a bit wrong.

I certainly wouldn't let my pre-teen or teenage daughter watch it if I had wrong - I wouldn't want them thinking that was normal.

mustsleep Mon 13-Oct-08 10:33:25

i watched it last night and omg it was disturbing to see her looking soo skinny

peter at least did say anyone watching at home don;t copy her look how unhappy it has made her

the way she was after having the aneasthetic was scary!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: