Talk

Advanced search

Why does Come Outside nearly always end with Pippin in peril???

(11 Posts)
wintera Wed 08-Oct-08 17:04:04

Had to calm my 3 year old yet again today cos a great big digger truck was heading straight for poor Pippin. It was the episode about bricks. She screamed "Its gonna squash Pippin!!!!" Then it was endless "Its all ok love, Pippin is alright" until the dog was reunited again with Auntie Mabel at the end.

She had a similar reaction to the one where Pippin is lost in the paper factory, and the one where Pippin in left on the bus.

Reminds me of when I used to watch The Incredible Hulk when I was a kid. I cried every week cos I felt so sorry for him! He was always lonely!! Waaahhhh!!! sad

travellingwilbury Wed 08-Oct-08 17:05:26

My ds who is 4 told me that Auntie Mabel shouldn't be able to have a dog as she can't look after Pippin properly and is always losing him

I have to agree

wintera Wed 08-Oct-08 17:13:23

Yes quite right she shouldn't have a dog. Plus her carbon footprint must be appalling too! Jetting off every where in that plane at the drop of a hat! wink

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Wed 08-Oct-08 17:16:00

yeah - off in the plane to get a tube of toothpaste!

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Wed 08-Oct-08 17:17:16

all because she wanted to find out how they put the stripes in it - has the mad old gal never heard of google?

mabel1973 Wed 08-Oct-08 17:22:12

My 3 year old Ds hates Come outside because of what always happnes to Pippin.
In fact doesn't like anything with a 'sinister' element, that includes, Tommy Zoom, Noddy and Lazy town! grin

NosfeRaahhTu Wed 08-Oct-08 17:37:36

They have all been on so often- but i do love the teapot one,blush reminds me of when PlaySchool used to do the through the windows thing, and show you factories making milk bottles.

Ds has learnt all about street lamps, plumbing , and dry cleaning from good old Aunty Mabel!

wintera Wed 08-Oct-08 17:37:49

I know a few kids are scared of Robbie Rotten. Tell you what scared me yesterday, Lazytown Extra! Stingy had this horrible American voice instead of his normal one. Chilling! wink

My daughter is a strange one. Scared of Come Outside but yesterday she really loved that creepy butler thing thats in Asda's Halloween section at the mo. She even said Goodbye to it when we left! grin

NosfeRaahhTu Wed 08-Oct-08 17:42:27

our Asda has removed the creepy butler- very disappointed when we went in yesterday!! (maybe they only had one, and some wierdo has actuallt bought it!!)

JacobsPrincessOfDarkness Wed 08-Oct-08 17:42:28

DS1 is scared of Pippin#s perilous adventures. And Number Jacks. He also cried all the way though the 20 minutes of Happy Feet we could bear because he was scared that penguin would lose his Mummy or Daddy.
However, he will happily revel in a whole episode of Dr Who, Daleks & Cybermen included. I don't get it...

Tommy Wed 08-Oct-08 17:44:27

my Ss always said "Silly Aunty Mabel" ayt that programme. I agree - she shouldn't be allowedto be in charge of a dog, never mind a plane... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now