Talk

Advanced search

British Style Genius - last night....

(6 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Wed 08-Oct-08 14:18:00

did anyone see this / have just watched it on iplayer - fantastic ! Twiggy (so amazing when young),Biba,Ossie Clarke and Celia Birtwell,the fab Mary Quant and equally fab Mary Portas - heavenly !

JackieNo Wed 08-Oct-08 14:22:23

Yes - I really enjoyed it (I think there were a couple of threads). Loved the old bits of film, and there was one bit of a Mary Quant outfit with a polo neck, shorts over tights that looked completely modern.

MorticiaAnnSpookington Wed 08-Oct-08 14:24:42

oh,I thought there might be other threads but couldn't see them...loved it grin! I remember going into the big Biba when I was a school girl and buying dark aubergine lipstick and a bra the same colour !

JackieNo Wed 08-Oct-08 14:43:53

envy. I used to read about it in magazines, but never got to go to one.

jesuswhatnext Wed 08-Oct-08 15:08:03

my mum used to take me in biba with her, she would have a good look round,find her inspiration, then go home and make us matching outfits (i particularly remember a very fetching purple lurex tabard and hot pants outfit that she teamed with white vynal (sp) boots hmm)

programme bought back many happy memories, she also made me little copies of mary quant dresses as well.

MorticiaAnnSpookington Wed 08-Oct-08 16:37:30

sounds very cool your mum, jesuswhatsnext smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: