Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Sunshine' on tonight. Steve Coogan, Caroline Aherne

(17 Posts)
IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Tue 07-Oct-08 16:49:41

I'm looking forward to this. It'll be nice to see Caroline Aherne in something new and hopefully, it'll be well written.

anyfucker Tue 07-Oct-08 21:15:36

not looking v promising so far

and why is Steve Coogan dyeing his hair such an abvious dark colour?

squeaver Tue 07-Oct-08 21:16:49

I think she's only in it for about a minute (heard Craig Charles on the radio talking about it).

But they are doing a Royle Family Xmas Special

IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Wed 08-Oct-08 09:53:53

I thought it was pretty good overall. Quite moving at the end. Definitely going to watch next week.

Are they Squeaver? Ok NOW I'm excited about Christmas!

happystory Wed 08-Oct-08 11:11:38

Thought this was poor. Didn't find Steve Coogan's character at all convincing, had none of that 'dark side' his characters usually have.

The gambling sting was so obvious- saw it coming a mile off.

Liked Bernard Hill though.

jellybeans Wed 08-Oct-08 12:02:25

I liked it.. some funny moments and interesting.

anyfucker Wed 08-Oct-08 13:21:25

will watch next wk and give it a chance

SheikYerbouti Wed 08-Oct-08 13:22:43

I quite liked it. Thought the first 20 mins was slow - but after that I got into it.

IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Wed 08-Oct-08 13:46:53

Me too Sheik - I think the next two episodes will be really good now they've set up the story and we'll get to see her reaction to him. Was interesting because he wasn't a bad man, yet it would be very hard to forgive him. I think gambling is an interesting topic actually.

reikimarie Wed 08-Oct-08 13:48:54

I really enjoyed it and found they portrayed the problem of gambling quite vividly so looking forward to next week's episode, it makes you feel quite sad thinking how devastating the impact of the addiction generally is on families.

IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Wed 08-Oct-08 14:01:17

Yes it really does. It's not something I've ever encountered with anyone close to me but shows that it can happen to anyone. My DP has got into online poker and I'm trying not to let it worry me. It's not the fact that he enjoys it, but the fact that he is starting to see it as a viable money making opportunity.

Anyone going through that in real life has my ultimate sympathy.

Did anyone watch Early Doors? Lots of the same actors appeared in that!

RoxyNotFoxy Wed 08-Oct-08 15:47:20

It's about time this subject was dealt with in TV drama. My daughter had a wee problem a couple of years ago with internet gambling, which she seems to have got over. But it's a fascinating subject for a drama. I'm hooked already.

Racers Wed 08-Oct-08 16:07:02

I quite enjoyed it, but was probably a bit too distracted location spotting as it was filmed where I grew up (Craig Cash lives nearby)! Early Doors was fabulous, I agree!

IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Wed 08-Oct-08 16:17:51

Whereabouts Racers? If you don't mind me asking...

Completely loved Early Doors. I hope they make a new one, it had some high profile actors in it didn't it? And the man from the Nationwide adverts grin

Racers Wed 08-Oct-08 16:22:58

don't mind - have moved away many years ago! They filmed around Marple/Marple Bridge/Hawk Green etc south east of Manc. Used to go in the ring 'o bells pub sometimes.

IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Wed 08-Oct-08 16:27:19

Aw I am in Manc. Not familiar with that part really though. I love it when you recognise a location on TV as one you've been to.

Racers Wed 08-Oct-08 19:39:50

It's a nice place. I miss it. 'our canal' looked good I thought!

It will be interesting to see how the next episodes go. Yes, the betting scam was predictable but that made it all the more sad in a way. He should have known it was too good to be true!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now