Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone see the first episode of Fringe last night?

(14 Posts)
WilyWombat Mon 06-Oct-08 14:06:03

I wasnt sure if I was going to watch it as it looked a sci-fi for me, but I suspect I may be about to be hooked grin

Glad as Ive been feeling a bit lost on Sunday nights since the end of Dexter and NCIS...yeah I should get out more I know wink

BlingLovin Mon 06-Oct-08 14:13:24

It's on my skyplus... Also didn't know what it would be like, but recorded it on off chance....

WilyWombat Mon 06-Oct-08 14:22:55

Ah well id better not say any more LOL but its looking hopeful.

jofeb04 Mon 06-Oct-08 14:37:34

I think I'm hooked on it ..... really enjoyed it even though I though I wouldn't!

BlingLovin Mon 06-Oct-08 14:42:28

Excellent. I'm bored of most things currently.

WilyWombat Mon 06-Oct-08 15:06:25

Its definately different and I loved the humour of the Joshua Jackson character (the dry humour is one of the things I love about NCIS)

PortAndLemon Mon 06-Oct-08 15:58:31

The plot was silly, but the characters are engaging so I expect I'll keep watching. The John Noble character gets some great lines.

Raahh Mon 06-Oct-08 16:01:47

i really likedit, despite reservations ( tried too hard to be the x-files at times), but LOVE joshua Jackson...

Was written by bods who did Lost and Alias , i think.

WilyWombat Mon 06-Oct-08 16:40:52

See I find Sci-fi fairly silly anyway, im quite an annoying person to watch anything like that with as I spend rather a lot of time snorting with amusement, which is why I was quite surprised to actually like this.

Raahh Mon 06-Oct-08 16:44:13

i agree with you- dh loves his sci-fi, i'm a bit take or leave it. but at first i did worry was going to be as bad as Invasion (which was so dire, even dh gave up), so was pleasantly surprised. There was a nice mix of characters and i actually started to care (esp when Walter realised the investigation may soon be over, so his son might send him back to the hospital)sad

sfxmum Mon 06-Oct-08 16:45:42

did anyone watch Odyssey5 ages ago? it started out interestingly then it all went very very wrong indeed

anyway watched this, still not made up my mind wish girly wasn't blonde and naive

WilyWombat Mon 06-Oct-08 16:52:25

LOL you should know the main character in any US programme is going to be girly/beautiful/thin, you'd think every woman in the US looked like that...you only have to watch Jerry Springer to know that SOOOO isnt true grin

sfxmum Mon 06-Oct-08 17:52:48

it would be nice to have something entertaining and this does have some interesting actors

joshhollowayspieceofass Mon 06-Oct-08 18:10:37

Oh dear, I'm afraid i thought it was shite. And i LOVED lost. This is just silliness, and I'm not sure about all the faux demure pouting the leading lady does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now