Talk

Advanced search

quick corrie update.. purlease- i'll give you a bit of my barm cake!

(25 Posts)
AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 16:58:30

was away last week..
what has happened to rosie (was it pop-eye tony??)
did carla and liam do it?

have worked out that leanne and janice have dodgy lotto loot and rosie is getting the blame..

why does kev know rotten rosie stole his client list?

did i miss any other important info??

and
why does it feel wrong when gail is happy?
what is gonna be the catch with the new man???

tia

CatMandu Sat 04-Oct-08 17:03:28

Don't know where Rosie is - I somehow missed that one.

Rosie was supposed to check the factory girls lotto syndicate and didn't bother, Janice did and they won. Leanne talked her into setting up a fake account in Rosies name and claiming the money.

Rosie told Kev, I think.

Don't know what the catch is yet, but there's sure to be one.

AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 17:03:53

ok..a whole barm of your own..

CatMandu Sat 04-Oct-08 17:04:58

Oh yes, somehow Rosie and Tony were in an hotel and she did the whole saucy undies seduction thing, but he didn't buy it and told her she was a silly girl. Then she showed him a video on her phone of Carla and Liam snogging, which he now has. Must have been distracted so missed what happened to Rosie after that.

AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 17:05:43

catmumdu
ta
shock rosie told kev, WHY??
it must be down to popeye tony then???

<gets out magnifying glass n deerstalker>

AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 17:06:43

oh crikey
she'll be in the canal then!

CatMandu Sat 04-Oct-08 17:09:40

I think (am often on MN whilst watching, so only half paying attention) that she was attempting to tell him that she'd tried to help him. Kev was mega angry and now she's what a 'little madam' she is.

Oooh she could be in the canal.

Hey - whatever was the storyline about Tony trying to get the old man out of his house all about? - I must have missed the end of it.

BabiesEverywhere Sat 04-Oct-08 17:12:58

We don't offically know what happened to Rosie..I reckon Tony paided for her to stay away for a few days so he could deal with Carla and Liam's betrayal.

Tony did take Rosie's mobile phone off her at the hotel, during the failed seduction and later threw it in the canel.

Finally Tony has took Carla, Liam and his girlfriend to a spa hotel. He took Liam out to a cave, to mess with his head and 'joke' about pushing him down a shaft and ended up asking Liam to be his best man !?!

AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 17:16:22

good 'eavens you must learn to multitask m'lady! grin

evil tony was getting old bloke out of his terrace house as he had bought the whole street ready to renovate into tasty trendy overpriced abodes..
he was the last tenant to go and was holding up the development and hence the filthy lucre...
he had heart attack whilst tony was there, he was bundled into ambulance and jason told to clear the hoose before he recovered
he killed him in hospital irrc..

did carla and liam get it together? they looked shifty t'other night and liam used annoying business partner as alibi

AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 17:18:36

ah BE that makes sense...
he looked shifty too when the cops were at factory..

so rotten rosie lives and breathes...somewhere

did carla and liam get it on or is it all still just business??

wintera Sat 04-Oct-08 17:27:40

Anyone else spotted that Leanne Battersby has a dodgy eye? Only spotted it this week!

CatMandu Sat 04-Oct-08 17:29:11

Haven't watched last nights yet - sky + has them waiting for me, in fact dc's are away and dh is tinkering in the kitchen so I might just watch them now.

So, I don't know if C&L got up to anything

She is vile, he is most lovely and Tony - well, he deserves Carla. I hope the pair of them jump into the canal and we can have more Roy and Becky storylines or Emily and whatsit from the cabin.

themoon66 Sat 04-Oct-08 17:30:07

Rawsie took herself off in a strop because her dad told her to get out and look after herself if she thought she was that clever. We don't know where she went. Most likely off to some skeffy boyfriend she met on holiday.

themoon66 Sat 04-Oct-08 17:31:33

God I noticed Leannes glass eye years ago when she were nobbut a lass.

Tony is also known in this house as 'wall-eyed Tony'.

grin

turquoise Sat 04-Oct-08 17:36:03

Rosie told Kevin in a huff because he wouldn't let her wear some slutty outfit for a night out with Tony, who then didn't take her anyway.

Don't think it's been revealed what's actually happened to her but I have seen spoilers that it's nothing to do with Tony.

Carla and Liam didn't do it but did snog and Liam is well up for it, she's putting the brakes on. Tony was lurking in the bushes and Saw It All...

AuraofDora Sat 04-Oct-08 20:56:14

ah
thank you guys!

<hands round barm cake>

ladystardust Sun 05-Oct-08 18:50:44

But best bit Catmandu was...
Old man in hospital took out photograph and it was Minnie Caldwell who you may or may not remember had a cat called Sonny Jim and his cat was called Sonny Jim shock Soooo... maybe... he was Minnie Caldwell's son?
It was so brilliant I nearly cried (not just because I'm old to remember her or even what she called her cat).

midlandsmumof4 Mon 06-Oct-08 00:56:20

Old man was 'Sonny Jim' Minnie Caldwells lodger from years ago. Rosie disappearing has nothing to do with Tony-more with John Stape & his late grandmas house.

Gateau Tue 07-Oct-08 12:30:46

Who was Minnie Caldwell and when was she in Corrie?

IfYouDidntLaughYoudCry Tue 07-Oct-08 12:35:21

I thought Corrie was brill last night. Won't give away anything in case people haven't seen it but Steve McDonald pulls the funniest faces sometimes!

PuppyMonkey Tue 07-Oct-08 12:37:00

Minnie Cauldwell was in Corrie in the sixties - mates with Ena Sharples

ajandjjmum Tue 07-Oct-08 12:52:13

I remember Minnie Cauldwell - aaahhhh - wish I'd been watching it now. Suddenly life's too chaotic for CS, and it's obviously all happening!

gem1981 Tue 07-Oct-08 15:42:32

I have a theory ...

i think that bloke (is it John??) that Fizz likes has something to do with Rosie's disappearance.

he just turned up injured in hospital after a 'car accident'

and he seemed a bit remorseful when Fizz told him she wanted them to try again

"why could't you have told me this before" he said

before what I wonder ?????

SilverSparkle Tue 07-Oct-08 16:12:20

From what i have read, John is holding Rosie captive in his grandmothers house. Somehow Fizz helps her escape, but not sure how Fizz finds out shes there.

I think John is then arrested.

gem1981 Tue 07-Oct-08 16:18:07

oh

shock where did you read that ?

me and my mum should be detectives grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now