loader

Talk

Advanced search

esther vs pc brigade

(12 Posts)
southeastastra Fri 03-Oct-08 20:08:28

anyone watching this?

liath Fri 03-Oct-08 20:11:34

I am. It's very interesting. That case of the toddler who got out of the nursery still haunts me sad.

whooosh Fri 03-Oct-08 20:13:59

Gave me goose bumps.But I woldn't have approached the boy in the station-he didn't look "vunerable" to me or in need of help.
Probably would have spoken to the little girl though....she looked lost.

southeastastra Fri 03-Oct-08 20:14:17

i work with children though and have found lots of younger blokes applying for the jobs so don't really agree with this bit

policywonk Fri 03-Oct-08 20:17:00

I saw the title in the TV guide and it made my teeth itch - 'PC Brigade' is right up there with 'health and safety' as a Pavlovian rallying cry for the hard-of-thinking, IMO.

southeastastra Fri 03-Oct-08 20:21:03

it's quite interesting though, poor little girl i remember losing my mum lots of times in m and s they used to put you on the counter

giraffescantdancethetango Fri 03-Oct-08 20:21:57

God whats wrong with me I cried when that lady went up to wee girl

southeastastra Fri 03-Oct-08 20:24:21

it's awful they way he is being ignored isn't it

whooosh Fri 03-Oct-08 20:27:30

Great programme but it isn't going to change the worl-PC or not,many people "just don't care" sad

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Fri 03-Oct-08 20:29:41

So sad.

liath Fri 03-Oct-08 20:31:37

It was a wee bit contradictory - saying how bad it was that people didn't stop for the lost children yet critical of people who did report something they thaught was odd (the den-building granny). It's not a modern phenomenon either, at least one person saw Susan Maxwell being abducted all those years ago and didn't stop to help sad.

Bramshott Mon 06-Oct-08 10:02:42

Very interesting subject, but shite programme!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now