Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

An ISLAND PARISH...where is Father Guy??

(25 Posts)
LittlePushka Fri 03-Oct-08 19:50:01

Just see this on now and assume it is a new series,...where is Father Guy?

Huggle Sat 04-Oct-08 08:50:22

Quite. He's seems to have been replaced by the other chap. He didn't seem overly happy in the last series though, did he? It's possible he's still there but not wanting to be filmed any more.

Still a great series though (we missed the first 2 episodes too). Bishop Bill is a great character.

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 04-Oct-08 08:54:40

but Bishop Bill is going ! I like this programme but nothing much happens. Did anyone watch Nigel Farrell's The Village ? it was made v nr where I live before I moved here..loved it.

foxinsocks Sat 04-Oct-08 08:57:24

was Father Guy the miserable one? I thought it was hysterical the first series he was in. Here is this beautiful parish and we follow the ups and downs and here's Father Guy who err doesn't want to be here at all and spends all his time saying how hard it is and looking out to sea at the mainland!

dinny Sat 04-Oct-08 09:04:11

Message withdrawn

Huggle Sat 04-Oct-08 09:05:02

It's great because nothing much happens! I worry about myself getting old cos this is one of my fave programs.

No, not seen The Village.

Huggle Sat 04-Oct-08 09:05:55

Ah, thanks Dinny. Just tried googling it to no avail.

Yes, shame about BB. He really got stuck in - seemed very in tune with the locals.

dinny Sat 04-Oct-08 09:08:38

Message withdrawn

SuperSillyus Sat 04-Oct-08 09:10:34

love this programme too and didn't know it was back on. Must try and catch it next week! grin

lottiejenkins Sat 04-Oct-08 10:50:27

I remember the village it was very good........

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 04-Oct-08 11:41:48

I once drove a long detour to see the actual village !

Penthesileia Sat 04-Oct-08 11:56:41

Ha - this thread has just made me remember a dream I had last night: I dreamt Bishop Bill was a murderer! Killing people with his sceptre (or whatever it's called!) shock grin

I also dreamt about Lily Cole voting Conservative.

My dreams are way too weird at the moment...

LittlePushka Sat 04-Oct-08 19:45:36

Dinny, any news from you folks about the demise of Fr Guy? Not that I am obsessing about the chap...blush

Just wondered oh and where is that wonderfully barmy German vet?? I do hope she has managed to make ends meet and stay there.

Id like her to get it together with the new vicar and create a whole new series called " Pet Parish" or something...!

bagsforlife Sat 04-Oct-08 20:10:37

I really like this too but keep forgetting this new series is on. Does anyone remember Nigel Farrell when he did the Nigel and Nippy thing in a Place in France??? Agree German vet should have a series of own.

giddykipper Sat 04-Oct-08 20:15:46

Where are you from Dinny? I love the place, have been going since I was a tot and my parents have semi-retired to St Marys.

BellaBear Sat 04-Oct-08 20:18:23

I love the way each programme is:

1st 15 mins - a recap of last week's programme

2nd 15 mins - a look at what happens next week

fabulous. I reckon there's only about half an hour of footage in the entire series! grin

LittlePushka Sat 04-Oct-08 20:43:28

It is so beautiful... REmember when there was an apparent theft of an honesty box one thime, but then it was discovered Freda (or whomever!) had popped it under a counter somewhere to keep it safe?

How utterly refreshing!

Oh and where is the Nicky the copper? Did she bag her man?

Dinny, ask the folks this too,...and about the vet (if they have a pet)!!

PinkyDinkyDooToo Sat 04-Oct-08 20:49:35

I love iths show I didn't realise it was back

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 04-Oct-08 22:02:03

oh yes, Nigel and Nippy in France - was fab !

giddykipper Sat 04-Oct-08 22:05:29

Now, according to my mother, Father Guy and the vet are still there, the BBC just wanted to make the programme more interesting (not possible, surely?) by bringing other characters in.

LittlePushka Sat 04-Oct-08 23:39:06

Well done Giddy kippers mam!!

Can now rest assued that "A Pet Parish" is still possible, however unlikely!

Wonder how they will find a vet quite as interesting as Heike!!! She is great!

dinny Sun 05-Oct-08 09:09:07

Message withdrawn

dinny Sun 05-Oct-08 09:10:04

Message withdrawn

giddykipper Sun 05-Oct-08 10:04:39

My parents are probably the kind of people you hate, pushing the house prices up! To be fair, they do at least live there.

I don't like the programme either, I tend to watch it out of a sense of obligation rather than anything else.

Huggle Sun 05-Oct-08 19:41:53

Yes, MAS, I remember Nigel and Nippy. That was fab too. As was Chaos at the Castle....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now