Talk

Advanced search

What To Eat Now

(15 Posts)
MummyMelly Tue 30-Sep-08 13:50:36

What? No thread on Valentine Warner? Am I the only person who finds him hot hot hot? I wouldn't say he was good looking but GAWD is he attractive?!

PheasantPlucker Thu 02-Oct-08 13:59:09

Like his food, don't find him having the pwoaarrrr factor for me, but I love a man who knows his veg!

MinkyBorage Thu 02-Oct-08 14:02:49

I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread about him either!!! He is such a nobody-boring-nomark! I am so so sick of these 'personality' cooks doing crap cooking programmes and doing fuckwit things like eating an onion????? WTF! There were hardly any recipes, that episode had about 4 recipes in it and one was a whole twunting onion baked in a piece of puff pastry. Who is he, and why has he got his own tv series, and WHY did his parents think that Valentine was a good name???

MinkyBorage Thu 02-Oct-08 14:04:06

OK, I meant what I said, but my thread sounds quiite angry, which isn't the intention, but I am genuinely flumoxed by the whole programme and the reason for it, so please please enlighten me. I was really looking forward to a programme on seasonal cooking, and was sorely disappointed.

meglet Thu 02-Oct-08 14:06:29

I like him, almost want to send DP out of the room when he is on blush.

poppy34 Sat 11-Oct-08 11:54:06

am with minky - plus there is something VERY IRRITATING ABOUT HIM.

and genuine question -why should I listen to him? I mean like them or not I know what the background of Jamie Oliver, Delia Smith, Gordon ramsay etc..

oh just googled him and he ran a F*** bunting cupcake business.

Right reaching for remote now and adding this twunt to top of my tv hate list

candyfluff Sat 11-Oct-08 15:32:04

strange name for a man but i like the way he eats he just stuffs it in !!! bit like nigella without the big arse!!!

TheCrackFox Sat 11-Oct-08 16:20:09

He comes across as borderline deranged. He has no phwoar factor whatsoever, infact he put me off my dinner.

Gunnerbean Sun 12-Oct-08 00:01:11

Totally agree there's nothing remotely attractive about him. He's another of those garlic munching, red wine swilling pretentious, pseudo eco-warrier thoroughly middle class twonks like Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall. I bet he lives in Suffolk or somewhere similar and refers to London as "town" and has a wife called Miranda and two kids called Noah and Poppy.

candyfluff Sun 12-Oct-08 02:52:59

whats wrong with suffolk?????????????

Twiglett Sun 12-Oct-08 05:16:18

oh god I found him so offputting I couldn't watch it .. all that eating with his mouth open .. yuk

Butkin Mon 13-Oct-08 22:32:37

We like him and his taste in food - that duck looked yummy.

Also we liked the way he didn't shoot the stag until he was sure he'd get a clean shot.

If we had a complaint it is that his show is up against the Gadget Show!

scaryteacher Tue 14-Oct-08 07:38:09

I'm waiting for Amazon to get a move on and send the cook book.

poppy34 Wed 15-Oct-08 21:08:59

lol at gunnerbean -although take offence at his kids having my name wink

hifi Wed 15-Oct-08 21:30:53

here he is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now