Talk

Advanced search

super nanny

(7 Posts)
shinola Thu 25-Sep-08 09:34:05

can someone give me a summary of what happened?

it seems like the laissez faire parenting that some people advocate, but had gone horribly wrong - why? how?

lets have a heated debate!

wasabipeanut Thu 25-Sep-08 09:38:03

3 year old being breast fed on demand. 5 and 5 & 7 year old boys (I think) who were pretty hard work.

The girl slept in Mummy's bed and the dad slept with the boys - was the only way to get them all to sleep.

There were also some anger management issues - some slaps were thrown by Mum at the boys.

shinola Thu 25-Sep-08 09:58:11

what did super nanny make of the breast feeding on demand?

witchandchips Thu 25-Sep-08 10:01:15

I was actually really impressed. She dealt with sleeping issue in the usual way + everything seemed okay when she was with the family. When she left it all broke down, and she admitted defeat. said they needed family therapy. (lots of the scenes were really upsetting so i flipped in and out of watching it)

lalaa Thu 25-Sep-08 14:01:28

sn said breast feeding on demand was a control mechanism her dd used. and they knocked it on the head. the dd quickly got sorted out, but dss were another story.

i was surprised it took supernanny so long to say that the boys were only giving out what they received, with all the terrible language and awful things they were saying to their parents (and sn). I can only imagine what the parents were like when the cameras weren't there. I think we only saw the tip of the iceberg.

Do love this programme. Gives me lots of ideas and boosts my self-confidence. Had an issue with dd this morning at school and didn't give in - I was dead proud of myself!

malfoy Thu 25-Sep-08 14:04:43

It made me really sad. Those poor parents and the boys! I do hope the counselling/ anger mgt worked out.

Actually the breastfeeding issue seemed minor compared to the parent/ boy problems.

cheesesarnie Thu 25-Sep-08 14:09:58

i loved it last night-not usually allowed to watch it.wish someone would come here and sort out ds1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now