Talk

Advanced search

Lost in Austen - final episode tonight

(29 Posts)
mamhaf Wed 24-Sep-08 18:50:38

I can't wait. I've even been re-reading Pride and Prejudice.

The Sunday Times said there'd be a happy ending with the door left open for a sequel.

And there's a "making of" programme at 10pm on (I think) ITV2.

southeastastra Wed 24-Sep-08 20:44:48

can anyone give me a quick recap as i half watched last weeks? enjoying the programme so far

Hassled Wed 24-Sep-08 21:30:46

It's just SO good - Lizzie in Hammersmith at last. I'm beside myself

poppy34 Wed 24-Sep-08 21:35:39

i know..wasnt sure at first but think its fab. Gemma A is v.good (wasnt sure I"d like her due to over exposure)

how can she choose michael?

mamakim Wed 24-Sep-08 22:08:17

I'm so glad she ended up with Darcy! Didn't think she would at one point, thought it was going to play out the book so Elizabeth ended up with him. Sad it's ended, i've been enjoying it!

pop1973 Thu 25-Sep-08 07:44:28

It was good last night, I don't see how they could open for a sequel.

The episodes were really good and a bit sad about it ending.

But great ending.

piratecat Thu 25-Sep-08 07:48:06

i htought the end was a bit blunt tbh. enjoyed the prog generally tho.

LaVie Thu 25-Sep-08 08:29:57

Really loved the ending. Thought they'd make Amanda go back to Hammersmith to a man she wasn't that bothered about but they didn't! Very romantic!

Loved the way the first thing Amanda did when she got back to her bathroom was brush her teeth!

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Thu 25-Sep-08 09:42:22

Loved it grin. OK, it wasn't as great as the previous episodes but still it was very very good, what with Darcy and Tinky Winky and Lizzie and her 'appliances' - she just reminded me of the mad, obsessive Hungarian au pair we've got.

Just one thing, the tv went on the fritz just as Amanda and Lizzie were having their chat, so I didn't hear exactly what was said. Can someone please enlighten me?

I didn't expect that ending either. Good stuff, so I'll be trotting down to Woollies for my very own copy on payday, grin

The only thing I have to complain about is Darcy's well dodgy wig.

LaVie Thu 25-Sep-08 10:02:51

Agree about the wig. I still would though wink

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 25-Sep-08 10:30:18

I missed it sad

hecate Thu 25-Sep-08 10:31:01

I really liked it. I knew it was going to end like that (I hoped it would!)

Elasticwoman Thu 25-Sep-08 10:31:14

Loved some of the Austen-esque dialogue:

eg Amanda: Good Luck
Darcy: That I already have.

interspersed with more contemporary wit eg

- that's the sound of Jane Austen spinning in her grave like a kitten in a tumble drier.

Lady Catherine scenes were good fun.

Shall look forward to the sequel.

furrycat Thu 25-Sep-08 10:31:44

So what happened to Elizabeth then?

hecate Thu 25-Sep-08 10:32:34

She went back to live in the modern day

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 25-Sep-08 10:34:09

And what was the Teletubby bit?

hecate Thu 25-Sep-08 11:51:39

darcy followed amanda into the present day and came across a teletubby. Elizabeth was working as a nanny.

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 25-Sep-08 12:25:49

grin Eliz as a nanny sounds spot on.

What did Darcy make of the teletubby?

hecate Thu 25-Sep-08 12:28:53

He was bewildered by the whole experience - as you'd imagine grin

smugmumofboys Thu 25-Sep-08 12:34:36

I loved this. Thought Darcy was swoonsome (although agree the wig was a bit dodgy - I still would!)

Was worried it would all have turned out to have been a dream a la Life on Mars which ended oddly imo.

Great ending. I so want to live in Pemberley with Darcy. <needs to get a life emoticon>

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 25-Sep-08 12:36:25

Was it just me, or did anyone else think Wickham would have been a sight more fun to live with (and sexier) than Darcy? I kept hoping Amanda would shag him in the stables.

Katisha Thu 25-Sep-08 12:39:41

I rather got the impression Wickham knew all about the 21st century, what with the business about the stitches etc.

DumbledoresGirl Thu 25-Sep-08 12:41:28

Also, Wickham invented names for Amanda's parents in Austen's Hammersmith, and weren't they the same names as Elizabeth's employers in modern Hammersmith?

Has Wickham been time travelling himself and is that going to be the subject of the sequel?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 25-Sep-08 12:44:29

Yes, I thought he was rather too knowing. Oh goodie. Maybe he will get it together with Elizabeth. I don't think she is really meant for Michael.

ZebsRoomofHerOwn Thu 25-Sep-08 12:58:26

Ah yes, I think you may have a point about Whickham, what with his cryptic comments about Amanda being 'a long way from home'.
I expected her to go out to the stables with him too - did I mis-hear, or did she really suggest he should sort himself out? hmmshock

And can anyone please enlighten me as to what Lizzie said to Amanda? I assume it was along the lines of not even remotely fancying Darcy, but I couldn't hear it.

Yes, I'd also do Darcy, despite the wig, but you're right, LadyGC - Whickham looked like a helluva lot more fun. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now