what's all the hoo-ha?

Xena Thu 24-Feb-05 10:12:23

I thought there was something wrong with me cause neither do I

emkana Thu 24-Feb-05 10:12:48

I think it's fantastic

comedy drama suspense all rolled into one

and one of the few programmes that dh and I equally enjoy watching

SeaShells Thu 24-Feb-05 10:14:00

I watched abit of the first episode and that was it, don't think my opinion counts though as I am not exactly a TV fan, only watched about 2hrs of TV in the past month or so!

StealthMouse Thu 24-Feb-05 10:15:22

I's just one of those programmes I got drawn into for no specific reason.

I think it didn't help that I watched the first three episodes back to back so now I just HAVE to know what happened! If that makes sense - it was like reading the first few chapters of a book - you just have to finish it iyswim .

And to hi-jack please someone -once you've posted here- find my thread and tell me what happened last night...

tarantula Thu 24-Feb-05 10:17:53

Dont get it either Twig but then I dont watch any soap opera kinda progs or 'Friends' kinda stuff either. Just dont appeal to me at all.

DaddyCool Thu 24-Feb-05 10:18:24

i like it but it is a bit fluffy. saying that, i never miss an episode

Mothernature Thu 24-Feb-05 10:20:45

Dh loves it! thinks it's just like a grown up version of 'Malcom in the middle' which he also finds v funny....

Pinotmum Thu 24-Feb-05 10:22:48

It's easy to watch and helps me wind down - that's all I ask of a TV programme at that time as my brain can't do intelligent debate. COme to think of it I struggle most of the time.

Xena Thu 24-Feb-05 10:23:20

I watch all sorts of 'trash TV' but can't see the attraction with this one?

DaddyCool Thu 24-Feb-05 10:25:56

oh, and i quite like gabrielle (sp?).... here i go again.

Xena Thu 24-Feb-05 10:39:12

hmmm I think thats why my DH watches it

paolosgirl Thu 24-Feb-05 10:48:41

I've never watched it, but then again, don't have the urge to either. It sounds as if its in the same vein as Footballers Wives - another [puzzled emoticon] as to why that was so popular. I'll stick to the Discovery Channel

FairyMum Thu 24-Feb-05 10:50:00

I love it. Nothing really happens I suppose and it's very hyped, but I love it for the characters.

Fennel Thu 24-Feb-05 11:05:07

agree it's a bit fluffy but what else is on lately instead? I see it as the best of a bad winter's tv possibilities.

and I did really like the harrassed one with too many young children, I related to her as Harrassed Mum until she became Competitive Prep School Mum.

Roobie Thu 24-Feb-05 11:07:23

Both dh and I have watched it every weeks so far. I think it's OK but strangely dh thinks it's the best thing sinced sliced bread.

CountessDracula Thu 24-Feb-05 11:13:33

Me too twiglett, I posted about this a while ago saying that from what I could see it wasn't funny or clever and was really rather dull. I tried very hard to like it but gave up a couple of weeks ago

Bagpuss30 Thu 24-Feb-05 13:04:53

Thank god, not just me then!

toomanypushchairs Thu 24-Feb-05 13:07:53

I think it's great. Its also a programme both myself and dh watch. He doens't tend to watch what he calls rubbish such soaps etc, but he likes this.(think he's worried our twins will turn out like the ones on the prog though!) I can't wait till next week

kernowcat Thu 24-Feb-05 13:10:26

it makes me laugh and relax and feel better about my parenting skills!!!!!???

Beatie Thu 24-Feb-05 14:32:22

I like it too. I think it has good characterisation. I like the black comedy too and the way the plot unfolds a little more each week. Once you're into it, you HAVE to know what happens. I also like the fact that, as it is made by Disney, it hasn't got gratuitous sex scenes or swearing.

Not that I am a prude but some of that got a bit tiring in Six Feet Under - even though I loved the programme.

suedonim Thu 24-Feb-05 14:33:56

I saw it being filmed in Los Angeles so felt obliged to watch and now I've been lured in. It's entertaining but doesn't require any brain power to be used.

motherinferior Thu 24-Feb-05 14:34:01

I think it's utterly wonderful.

Tinker Thu 24-Feb-05 14:35:15

Have had no urge to watch this at all. Never got The Sopranos either.

Mum2girls Thu 24-Feb-05 14:42:35

It's utterly brilliant!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now