Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

the apprentice

(14 Posts)
milward Thu 24-Feb-05 07:37:06

Did anyone see this last night? They had to design a children's toy. Couldn't believe the women's project leader who stuck to her idea despite all the feedback she got!! The signal cards were absolute rubbish imho. When Alan Sugar fired her this was the right choice.

Amanda1 Thu 24-Feb-05 10:02:21

Message withdrawn

BEKsmum Thu 24-Feb-05 10:06:43

I agree a great show and very addictive.

Lindsay did deserve averything she got and I lol when she said in the taxi that she engineered her choice of people so that Miranda would be sacked -serves her right. It also made me smile that the blone lady (can't remember her name) that was in her team voted against the secret signals idea even though she was agreeing with everything Lindsay was saying during the programme.

Not too sure that Alan Sugar is that upset that the girls are losing, as I don't get the impression that he wants a female apprentice - what do you think?

Blackduck Thu 24-Feb-05 10:08:31

How about the plug-in toy! ......Thoughts the guys were spot-on (and I didn't know such things already existed....)
But, god wasn't she a prat! How many times did she have to be told it was a cr*p idea??

Twiglett Thu 24-Feb-05 10:10:02

didn't see it (cos was watching Jamie's school's dinners)

so they had to design a toy did they?

any of them parents?

what did they design ?

go on share the chuckles

Blackduck Thu 24-Feb-05 10:12:05

Twig..
The girls cam up with two - a plug-in toy that looked like a plug (yes really...) that was modular, and secret signals - a set of cards that children were supposed to wave at each other across the playground (I thought they just shouted!)
The boys cam up with an electronic trading game (you know like the one based on cards....)

WideWebWitch Thu 24-Feb-05 21:11:46

I thought the girls SO let women in business in general down: they backbit and fought and were just complete tossers while the men worked well as a team, got on with the job and WON! I am enjoying this enormously but don't think these particular women are doing feminism any favours.

WideWebWitch Thu 24-Feb-05 21:14:26

Twig, the girls team was utterly cringeworthy and deeply crap. Fancy inventing a child's toy that had to be plugged into the mains! Ffs! I really doubt any of them were parents. Wassername deserved to be fired, she couldn't string a sentence together without using meaningless business speak bullshit. And she was supposedly a communications manager! Come on, she couldn't communicate or lead to save her life. I think she's been surrounded by too many yes men and women wherever she's been working.

kama Fri 25-Feb-05 19:51:17

Message withdrawn

franch Fri 25-Feb-05 20:29:36

Normally Wed nights (9pm?), BBC2. Went and missed it this week but apparently it's repeated Sat 11.15pm and Sun 12.15am. Fabulous stuff - best 'reality' show there's been for a long time

unicorn Fri 25-Feb-05 22:19:58

Really enjoying this programme...
Shame the women haven't been winning.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they are mixed.

It is a very interesting programme, on lots of levels methinks.

franch Fri 25-Feb-05 22:22:59

Agree unicorn - I don't think they should've split them into boys and girls - what kind of irrelevant gender point does that make? When are they going to mix them?

kama Fri 25-Feb-05 23:04:54

Message withdrawn

Skribble Fri 25-Feb-05 23:10:02

Next week they are getting sent on a buying spree, surely the woman can manage this one better. I'm not holding much hope as the clip they showed they are to busy debating how to orgainise the task instead of just getting on with it. I think the men and woman are mixed this week so the woman won't get to show of their shopping skills so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now