Talk

Advanced search

Strictly Come Dancing

(1001 Posts)
themoon66 Fri 12-Sep-08 20:48:38

I thought this started on 20th Sept. DH reckons he's seen a trailer saying it is tomorrow!

Does anyone know anything about this????

sunshineonarainyday Fri 12-Sep-08 20:50:57

Think it's just the preview show where we get to meet the new celeb dancers and how they are getting on in training etc. Proper show starts on 20th

themoon66 Fri 12-Sep-08 20:53:16

Phew grin

Claire236 Fri 12-Sep-08 20:54:15

Glad someone asked that question. Was getting quite stressed about having 2 different dates. It's been a long week - I'm getting stressed about everything at the moment.

Seasider Sat 13-Sep-08 09:39:02

I have applied for tickets, fingers crossed. Anyone else trying?

Claire236 Sat 13-Sep-08 14:51:20

I'm living in Germany now but would have applied if I was still in the UK. Good luck getting tickets.

PinkPussyCat Sat 13-Sep-08 21:18:05

Oooh did anyone watch?? I am very excited about the Saturday nights to come....

(Btw, has Erin Boag had plastic surgery or something? She's gone a bit Celine Dion-esque...)

turquoise Sat 13-Sep-08 21:20:37

I wish we could just watch the dancers and not have to endure the gruesome judges and their oh so wacky ways, plus the utter tedium of Tess and Brucie.

multitasker Sat 13-Sep-08 21:22:19

Yeah - Erin has definitely upped the glam factor a bit. It's funny to watch the pro dancers when they meet their partner - I'm sure some of them are thinking - god not another oldie grin

spongebrainbigpants Sat 13-Sep-08 21:38:21

turquoise, I totally agree. I tape it and watch it later so I can forward wind over Bruce - what an arse!

Think I'm going to enjoy watching Mark Foster dance - yum! grin

PinkPussyCat Sat 13-Sep-08 21:48:40

We always record it as feel the same way about Brucie! And agree about the judges -far too much of them featured these days.

Is Mark Foster the swimmer guy? He's a hunk-and-a-half <drool>

Tillyboo Sat 13-Sep-08 22:04:28

Brucie is a LEGEND !!!!!! OK, he may be a bit cheesy but that's the era he comes from, good old fashioned variety entertainment.

Bless im, I think he's just amazing for his age smile

themoon66 Sat 13-Sep-08 22:25:33

Me and DH love Brucie. He makes the show.

I'm thinking of nipping down Ladbrookes and putting an early bet on Rachael Stevens to win.

sweetcat Sat 13-Sep-08 22:30:39

Brucie is great! I can't wait for next week, love it love it love it......I am still getting over the fact that gorgeous Gethin didn't win last year, boo hoo!

spongebrainbigpants Sat 13-Sep-08 22:45:56

PPC, looks like we're in a minority! grin Never could stand Bruce I'm afraid - irritating and totally unfunny.

Sweetcat, hmm Gethin was robbed - he should have been in the final at least last year. He is gorgeous and such a sexy dancer!

Yes, Mark Foster is the swimmer - what a bod!

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 14-Sep-08 08:55:30

Anyone watch the preview yesterday then ?

Claire236 Sun 14-Sep-08 09:14:18

Don't like Bruce either - find him irritating. Would love to know what Erins done to herself, it's definitely more than just her hair colour that's changed. I watched the preview. What does everyone think of Brendan Cole? Personally I love him in spite of (or because of) his arrogance.

Freckle Sun 14-Sep-08 09:53:51

I'd like them to pair him with a 60yo, rather than always giving him a young, sexy thing just so they can see if there is any sexual chemistry.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 14-Sep-08 10:05:08

can't be doing with Bruce or Tess Daly...or Brendan..like Erin a lot..hair colour much better lighter.

SesHasapinkline Sun 14-Sep-08 10:10:24

Hello! Another fan here!

Bruce and Tess are v annoying.
Judges make me laugh.
I like Brendan as he pushes the boundaries but he would be insufferable if he won!

I think Mark Foster looks fantastic and really hope his dancing is good too. I'm also secretly hoping that Andrew Castle is better than previous GMTVers.

RupertTheBear Sun 14-Sep-08 10:40:42

Me too! Me too!
I can't stand Bruce or Tess and I also fast forward their bits.
Erin has definitely had some work done - she looks great though.
Can't stand Brendan - he is just sooooo arrogant.
I love Matthew Cutler.

anniebear Sun 14-Sep-08 11:41:33

I dont like Bruce on this prog (liked him on the Generation Game lol)

Just doesnt go, someone so old, then Tess!!

surely she must be cringing when she has to say all the so called funny bits!

spongebrainbigpants Sun 14-Sep-08 13:06:56

Hope the audience don't keep voting the crap ones through again like they did last year. Gabby Logan was soooo much better than her hubby yet he lasted longer and as for Kate Garraway . . . . ohmigod! grin

MillieMummy Sun 14-Sep-08 13:22:04

So glad to find fellow strictly fans here - DP hates it with a passion, I'm trying to get DD to be interested so that I have an excuse to watch.

My money is on Rachael Stevens !

PinkPussyCat Sun 14-Sep-08 13:28:07

Dh loves SCD but would never admit to it! MM, I think you could be right, Rachel's bound to have the edge over the rest of them. But hey, you never know!

This thread is not accepting new messages.