Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone watch WHITE NOISE on Film4 last night?

(8 Posts)
snooks Mon 08-Sep-08 13:18:25

Because I don't understand the ending [thick emoticon].

I know he (Michael Keaton) died, but who was the weirdy bloke with the 'tache in the spooky warehouse.... what really happened to the pregnant wife.... was the person tied up at the end the missing woman? Am very annoyed that we watched it all the way through and feel shortchanged by the ending.

Lauriefairycake Mon 08-Sep-08 13:22:08

I watched this a couple of weeks ago and i thought the ending was crap ambiguous too.

What I thought happened was:

1. weirdy bloke in warehouse was carrying out evil deeds of other side, then he died
2. Michael keaton died and went to be with his pregnant wife
3. The person tied up on the floor was I think Michael keaton on the warehouse floor after he's been tortured to death ?

I went and looked up all this info on white noise after as i thought it was interesting (I'm still sceptical obviously). Both britain and usa have their own group that investigates white noise

Aimsmum Mon 08-Sep-08 13:22:54

Message withdrawn

snooks Mon 08-Sep-08 13:29:58

Hmm so bit of a copout ending wasn't it? Not really sure of the significance of the 3 figures who kept appearing on the TV screen either (something to do with death obviously - 3 horsemen??? Not sure what I am on about....)

Also very sceptical of the blonde who fell 4-5 floors onto a glass roof and lived hmm

I am strangely fascinated by the concept though. I must admit that when I tuned our Roberts radio (non-digital so lots of static) from R2 to R1 this morning I did it very very fast grin

PuppyMonkey Mon 08-Sep-08 13:32:51

Ooh ages since I've seen this, so can't remember the ending at all. But do remember shitting my knickers about those three strange figures popping up everywhere. V.v.v. scary...

snooks Mon 08-Sep-08 13:36:01

Yes I was looking forward to a proper scarey shit-my-pants ending and didn't get it, just a puzzled "what???"

[harumph]

JodieG1 Mon 08-Sep-08 13:46:30

I think it was a great film. Basically the bloke with the moustache was using EVP too but was doing evil deeds. They told him to kill Michael Keaton's wife.

The woman that was tied up was the missing woman.

I actually thought the ending was great.

Son was happy as he heard his dad and I think the mother looked trouble, hence why she turned the radio right off.

The three shadowy figures were the same ones shown throughout the film, on the screens and around people. They are the evil ones.

White noise 2 is good also.

snooks Mon 08-Sep-08 13:59:18

Aahh, so the moustache bloke was receiving evil messages/orders through his TV screens in the warehouse from the 3 evil beings (shudder)and carrying them out. MK's dead wife was contacting MK so he could hopefully stop the killings. Makes sense. So that's presumably why at the end of the film there was some written info stating that 1 in 12 messages are 'threatening in nature'. Yikes.

Actually want to watch White Noise 2 now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now