Talk

Advanced search

The Great Italian Escape

(8 Posts)
TwoIfBySea Thu 04-Sep-08 21:41:52

No thread yet so...did anyone else watch?

I really enjoyed seeing that they have done so well in Italy, of all the No Going Back episodes this family and the ones who went to France to start the fishing place up were the most normal. By that I mean they weren't well off enough for this not to be a life changing experience rather than just a dinner party anecdote.

And all those sons. It is funny that people think they can emulate that lifestyle yet they saw the programme they saw the hard work Richard and Sarah put in - do they expect not to have to work at it?

JillJ72 Fri 05-Sep-08 11:17:55

I watched it, have watched since the original No Going Back series. The friend who'd left her house locked up for a year made me giggle. And the ones who took their accommodation off the market; I'd be rather miffed. I remember Richard and Sarah manically rushing around, 30mins to go before guests arrived, getting one of their properties ready... and they did it - just!

The thought of upping sticks appeals, but there's a big reality - you need money or regular income, you need to integrate with the local community... it's not a holiday, it's everyday life, and that can be a grind wherever you are in the world.

Tuscany Sat 06-Sep-08 16:45:16

Hey Guys, Glad you liked the show. It's no suprise that as a mother of 4 I'm a mumsnetter too. You're right - it's really hard work but it's also a wonderful life, especially for kids. We are still actually filming for the series - the last show is being filmed in the coming week. Talk about cutting things fine!
If you want to know what we are up to now then go to our website [www.casadelsole.co.uk] or just post any questions up here.
Sarah.

Tuscany Sat 06-Sep-08 16:46:33

Oops... am not very computer literate... I meant: www.casadelsole.co.uk. Sx

TwoIfBySea Sat 06-Sep-08 21:42:30

Seriously? If that is you Sarah then I think you and Richard (and your lovely brood of boys) are doing a fantastic job! Good luck with everything, will enjoy watching this series.

Tuscany Sun 07-Sep-08 08:39:19

Yup... it's me alright. I started mumsnetting when I was scared to death about having a baby in a foreign hospital and asked for advice.
Thanks for the support... today we are filming a sequence where Richard & Gregory are dressed up in medieval costume and joining in our local pageant... it's 30 degrees+ and they are wearing the equivalent of velvet curtains! Oh, the things we do for TV eh!
Sx

JillJ72 Sun 07-Sep-08 18:26:47

Hi Sarah,
Shame you aren't letting your properties any more (I emailed you about it)... missed the boat there! Have watched each series with admiration for your dedication, commitment, enthusiasm and humour, and the endless hours of elbow grease. So pleased that you are so successful, and look forward to a little bit of sun the TV on Thursday night.

whitebeachesandcoconutoil Mon 08-Sep-08 12:47:18

Hi sarah,
i too just wnated to say i have also watched you from the beginning and admire you and yor family- i feel i know you all ifyswim.I am married now[was,nt when i first saw you] to an italian and we would love to go and live in italy but unfortunately due to circumstance at the moment we will have to wait a few more years but it really is lovely to see how you have really embraced italian life.
congratulazione e tanti auguri. viva la bella italia!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now