Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone watch Banged Up Abroad ?

(9 Posts)
Alambil Sun 31-Aug-08 23:54:11

Don't you just think "Tough - you did the crime, now face the time..."

Or am I just heartless?

Ready4anotherCoffee Mon 01-Sep-08 04:52:05

i found myself thinking that too. i watched the americain girl lia's tale, how she thought she'd make 20 grand, and i just thought you stupid cow, all the human misery you are contributing to.

webchick Tue 02-Sep-08 12:07:09

I saw this prog about am American teenager girl who was caught smuggling drugs out of Bangladesh (I think). I missed the first bit. She did seem v remorseful but still v naieve about strapping bags of drugs to her thighs and body and going to board a plane. How silly. She did about 5 years before a US politician successfully campagnied for her release.

southeastastra Tue 02-Sep-08 12:08:24

yes it's good isn't it, feel sorry that some of them are so naive, that bloke will all the coke taped around him. i'd have just gone and told someone before check in.

Lazarou Tue 02-Sep-08 12:16:04

No, I think these young people are vulnerable and naieve and the scum that use them should be shot

Lazarou Tue 02-Sep-08 12:17:20

I also think I should learn to spell naive

fryalot Tue 02-Sep-08 12:18:50

I watched the one with the bloke who had tried to smuggle loads of drugs into the US and got caught right at the last minute.

He was a fool, but I did feel sorry for him, he was conned by his girlfriend, I think

Lazarou Tue 02-Sep-08 12:22:24

I saw that one too. Basically the girl was paid to make him fall for her.
THe one the other night where the girl tried to get it off in the toilets was just awful. These poor people having their lives completely ruined. Off topic a bit, but does anyone remember that girl on the cook report who was forced to be a prostitute and take drugs when she though she was going to be a teacher? I can't remember where she went. That was heartbreaking.

Kewcumber Tue 02-Sep-08 12:27:37

I saw the one about the american woman in bangladesh too but missd the beginning. I thought anyone naive enough to be as shocked as she was about the penalties for drug trafficking should perhaps not have been allowed a passport. IS tehere a "too naive to travel abroad" category for refusing passports?

Lewisfan I'm afraid I too am obviously heartless. I didn;t think she came across as particularly vulnerable, I though she appeared to think that being american would get her out of trouble. Her biggest shock appeared to be that the asmerican consul couldn't pull any strings for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now