Talk

Advanced search

Anyone remember this kids TV series, from the 80s?

(9 Posts)

Least I think it would have been 80s.

There were all these huge tripod "War of The World" type machine chasing kids about and trying to zap them. Some of the kids wer caught and had some sort of chip inserted into their head. Me and a friend both rememebr it but can't remember what it was called.

tia.

BitOfFun Fri 29-Aug-08 17:51:52

I think it was called the tripods actually - vaguely remember it smile

MummyDoIt Fri 29-Aug-08 17:53:02

It was called Tripods. The Tripods were aliens who had taken over the world and kept everyone subdued with chips in their heads. Kids got them inserted when they got to a certain age but a small group avoided it and tried to destroy the Tripods. It's based on a trilogy of books. Can't remember the author. Could be John Christopher.

wessexgirl Fri 29-Aug-08 17:54:24

Yes, the Tripods, and the author was John Christopher. The BBC filmed 2 of the trilogy but never did the third, which I remember being disappointed by.

MaureenMLove Fri 29-Aug-08 17:54:53

Dh's (font of all things crap scifi!) says he thinks it was called Day of the Tripod or White Mountains!grin

Thanks - thats great. Will have to see if Lovefilm rent the dvd now.

Different then to Day of the Triffids?

MummyDoIt Fri 29-Aug-08 18:20:42

Totally different to Day of the Triffids. That's based on a book by John Wyndham and about a species of giant plants that can walk and kill people with a whip-like stinger. Everyone goes blind because they watch a meteorite shower and the triffids take over the world, all bar a few survivors who didn't see the shower and go blind.

MummyDoIt Fri 29-Aug-08 18:21:11

Showing myself up as a bit of a sci-fi geek here. Perhaps I need to get out more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now